How to hide specific file types?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by PinBot, Dec 12, 2008.

1. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    I have one simple problem, that I cant seem to google solution for it. I'm using Autocad software, and it has option to backup file that I'm working on by creating same filename with *.bak extension. If system crashes, you just rename bak to dwg and open it with Autocad. Problem is, that I have 10-15 bak files in working folder, and that makes it a mess. What I need is to hide all files that have bak extension, so I cant see them in normal working enviroment, but when I need them, I would like to unhide them and use them as described above. I need an automated process that automaticlly hides them upon creation, so I dont need to worry about it anymore. Ty in advance

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The obvious thing to do is save the backups to a different folder to the one you're using for the main files.... wouldn't that work?

If you have a crash then you can navigate to that backup folder, load the data in and save it back down to your main work folder. The software may even allow you to specify a different folder for your backups... have you checked the options?

3. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    I agree move them to a back up folder its a lot less work then hiding the files then unhiding them when you need them then hiding them again when you are done.

4. PinBot

PinBot Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870 1gb
    The thing is that these files must stay in the same folder as project. All I want to do is make all files with bak extension hidden automaticly upon creation. If that is not possible, I will end up moving all of them to the same folder. Is it possible?:nerd:

5. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080