1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get proper SLI scaling in Hitman absolution (DX11 mode)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by MaLDo, Dec 4, 2012.

1. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I'm glad that many people have been able to fix Farcry 3 performance problems with my sli config. Since I got the Hitman Absolution from zavvi (post service is not very fast here) and found that it also has a broken sli profile in drivers, I open this thread for people who are playing it now with two or more cards.

Farcry 3 has the problem with dynamic decals in screen. Hitman sli default has problems every time the player pass between zones within a level. The SLI is disabled. To turn it back on, we can do Alt + TAB two times. Or use this profile in nvidia inspector

[​IMG]

For 60 fps in every situation, this is my config

resolution 1920x1200
    Monitor 1
    fullscreen YES
    Exclusive fullscreen YES
    refreshrate. 60
    vsync YES (it's important to activate ingame vsync because using only driver vsync produces some judder in some situations. Bad thing is ingame vsync has a performance hit of 5/6 fps over driver vsync)
    MSAAx2

shadow quality HIGH
    texture quality HIGH
    texture filter anisox16
    reflections LOW (important)
    detail level HIGH or ULTRA
    depth of field HIGH
    AO HIGH
    FXAA YES
    Global illumination YES
    tesselation YES

Shadow quality and reflections are cpu intensive. Reflections doubles geometry in some water surfaces, using a low res reflection. Setting in LOW disables those water reflections but mirrors works ok. With my 2700K @ 5 ghz there are some slowdowns to 55 fps when water with reflections in screen if I rise reflections quality. I prefer perfect smooth and I think that a a blurred reflection not worth the performance hit.

2. johnyz333

johnyz333 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 512 x2
    u sir are a genius, this 100% fixed my framerate issues. thanks mate....

3. TK423

TK423 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980
    Well, I entered the settings into Nvidia Inspector as described above. Here is a screen capture of my settings in Nvidia Inspector.

I also made my in game graphics settings exactly as listed in your post.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting extremely low fps. If I look at a wall or something I'll hit 60 fps but as soon as I'm actually looking at things going on, like here, I drop to 27 fps or so and don't get much past 35.

Any ideas?

4. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Do you have performance problems in levels 1 and 2? Those are the levels I finished.

5. TK423

TK423 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 980
    I'm at the part right after

EARLY SPOILER

the hotel sign explodes while you're scaling the building. I think it's Part I- Run For Your Life or something similar to that.

I had different drivers up until this level and it seemed to be running alright. Better, at least, than it is now.