How to get 30 fps console?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by fernake, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    This is actually quite a valid point.

2. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    How about you calm down and provide proof.

3. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Yes..That is a Total LIE ! You don’t need any G-sync Marketing Monitor, simply because it works behind a software algorithm part that is included in the drivers, but this is something that Nvidia will never tell you.

G-sync Module is actually a kind of DRM component protection. NVIDIA actually uses the same Adaptive-Sync Process that VESA communicated a few years ago. Adaptive-Sync is actually possible on every external DP 1.2 monitor and eDP equipped laptops

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Misinformation.

5. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Have you tried the new functionality in the RTSS beta??

Back Edge Sync for the FPS limiter works a lot better when I tried it with a 60Hz monitor and limited to 30fps. Felt pretty much the same as console when I tried it for RDR2 as long as I turned on Motion Blur!!
    I left the tooltip in the pic as it details what the 3 different frame limiting modes do.

Front Edge sync would been the cleanest as far as frame timings go but it added even more input latency so isn't usually a good idea for lower framerates.

[​IMG]

Smough and enkoo1 like this.
  6. TheRealKaldaien

TheRealKaldaien Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti K|NGP|N
    No, but I'm eager to try it. Where is it? :p I can never find these test releases people speak of :-\

I think front-edge's problems can be solved with a waitable swapchain. Cause it's mostly the design I use, and I've got 2-3 frames less latency than RTSS does in most D3D11/12 games. RTSS frametimes are now just as stable as SK's are, if we can bridge the gap with the swapchain, then it'll be nirvana :)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    enkoo1 likes this.
  7. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    That's interesting
    Where can i find that update? I can't find it anywhere

8. enkoo1

enkoo1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 Max-Q 6GB
    You can find test builds here: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/rtss-6-7-0-beta-1.412822/page-138
    Scroll down the download link is right there.