1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to eliminate 'black crush' on 4K TV?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Danny_G13, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE @ 2GHz
    Not sure how active this part of the board is, but giving it a go anyway.

I got myself a Hisense 4K TV and overall I really like it, but I am struggling with this so-called 'black crush' where dark/black areas of the screen are often block dark and have little to no definition of the detail in them.

What is the best way to configure a screen to bring the full clarity out?

My screen is Hisense H55N55000UK - which might not be 100% useful for you guys to relate to... this board is Dutch isn't it? American? Anyway, advice again welcome!

Fanx!

2. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 G1 Gaming
    I get the Same thing when connecting my HDMI wire from GPU to TV which is a Vizio E55-E2 4k HDR 10Bit IPS

3. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    I have the same tv and it is just a awesome picture, i looked on yt and found a few calibration videos that hellped a lot, and i am loving this brand, bang for buck is off the scale with it, 4 hdr is just jaw dropping on it, and the colours are just so sharp and pop off the screen.

So yeah try yt for thise calibration videos, i did not find this exact model but a similar hisense model that had all the same settings.