How to come up with a domain name?- give a hand

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sutura, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    Hello to everyone,

I am Sutura (Koce) and I have been lurking here in the forum for a long time. I am so inspired by your work, but I can't really make a step forward with my passion about hardware right now. I couldn't stay aside though, so I decided that I can support my love for hardware and the amazing work of the other people by making a small site and a blog about computer cases, industrial design and some general messing around in the world of hardware and gaming. The first step was made, I did register an account in Google :) which gave me access to Blogger and Google sites. I am slowly getting to know the interface, since I am not a web designer or something even close. Now its time for the second step and that is to say: I need a name for the domain. I have brainstormed it for quite a while. What I did is: I got a piece of paper and started writing all kinds of words.

I came with this list basically: shield, case, cover, armor, plating, coat, surface, spike, conceal, quiver, mania, enclosure, index, dispatch box, vault, cage, niche, nacelle, chamber, appendix, guard, scale, chassis, consumer, shifter, shape, form, sturdy, tough, hull, addendum, compendium....well that's most of it.

I stopped on the word "encase". Dropped the "e", nCase, and changed the spelling: "nKeis" .
    So what do you think about it? Does it sound ok? I will gladly take advice. Please be constructive.

I did post a similar thread to one other forum, since I read only these two. So for some it might be familiar, but I hope that I will get a faster response from two places.

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    "Girls are like internet domain names, the ones I like are already taken."
    “well, you can stil get one from a strange country!”

nKase... Well, doesnt sound that bad.

How about "switch-case" ? And better start posting something programming related to that site too :)

3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    So you came to the Worlds Best Hardware Information Site...Looking for a name for your hardware information site...

4. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Kinda, but when you think about it, it's not that bad.

He is wanting to start a blog about cases and perhaps on some other hardware related stuff. How many of these are already at the Internet and can those ever match this site to which manufacturers send hardware for testing ? Simply can not compete with sites like Guru3D, Anandtech, Hardware Canucks (&Tom's HW, just to name few).

He just wants to start a blog for fun and to gain some experince about that subject. No harm done and really, I was the only one to suggest anything (it's bad because I'm not very creative person).

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet

[​IMG]

6. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    ...and next thing you know Bill Gates will be at your home, wrecking your stuff with a baseball bat.

Though in this case I think Hilbert will be doing that.

7. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  8. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Sever, thank you for the laugh. Axaxaxa nice one really. But to be honest the two word approach is very common.

9. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    supermastercasereviews.com

jk
    nKase looks cool at least.
    But shouldn't you come up with it yourself for it to be original?

10. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, that's why I will stick with the nKase, although in my first post I pointed the final version to be "nKeis". Thanks for everyone involved :)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011