1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Add UWP Games to Your AMD Driver Profile?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    I've noticed, for a while, that UWP Games Like Forza 7 don't allow you to add a profile through AMD's Profile Browser because "you don't have permission to open this file":
    X:\...\...\Microsoft.ApolloBaseGame_...\forzamotorsport7.exe

How do you get permission to add the file to profiles? I like to set it up to highest IQ. Problem is, since the last 2 driver updates, I've not seen it auto-added. So, it's left me wondering, thinking now asking for your help on how to get the profile added.

Help?

Disclaimer:

I don't ask this lightly. Changing permission for the .exe could lead to problems from what I've read in their forum. It would be safest to know how AMD got it added to the profile.

Additional Note:
    The community just figured out, recently how to fix the CTD on launch bug for the game as well. It could also apply to Horizon 3. You have to start a service called Windows PushToInstall (it will turn off on it's own) . Don't change the status from Manual (Trigger Start) to Automatic. This service doesn't stay on for very long. So, doing that would be a waste as you would still need to start the service before starting Forza 7. It's something they need to re-fix with an update. As it was working originally when the game launched.

2. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X
    This is only an issue for Forza games since APEX in UWP.
    They are encrypted.
    I am able to do a profile for Killer Instinct and Forza Apex, but not FH3 or FH7 demo.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  3. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Oh, wow I didn't know that. That's messed up then. Even if AMD does incorp. the profile you can't do nothing with it.

4. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury X
    Yea its dumb, you cant even make wheel profiles in Logitech for their wheels because of this.
    It has to do with them not wanting people to be able to rip the cars out of the game like they did with Forza 4, etc on 360 for the NFS Shift 1/2 mods on PC, even though the mods had a disk check to make sure you owned the game.

5. Eastcoasthandle

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    thanks, you saved me a whole lot of headache