How the world will become better

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by proFits, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Orly? Then how come slavery, cannibalism, ritual torture worship, human\animal sacrifices and many other things are now forbidden by the moral code? It has a lot to do with IQ. Once you're smart enough to see that killing the animal or your neighbor doesn't make plants grow faster, you stop doing that and start looking for another way.

2. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    World peace is more than likely not going to happen. Its best to just find peace within yourself and hope others will follow.

I'm sure I read that on a fortune cookie before.

3. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    @H83: the Goal of the thread is world peace, not the post. My post was incomplete, and it seems it's really not idiot proof if it made no sense to you.

@volkov956: world peace has never been achieved long enough to be considered, please do not refer to the romain empire peace, since they have been able to lose rome to cavemans.

Salsoolo has a point though, media as they are right now, and by media he probably meant journalism that comments on the news rather than reporting it. I've always been a detractor of the american FCC and our canadian equivalent. Not sure about EU because I Honestly can only see so many minutes of TV in a day (0, I look at stuff online but anyways)

About cloud computing: thin client involves pay as you go process. as far as control of the information goes it is EXACTLY what i was talking about as it renders (in a 100% cloud environment) media piracy almost impossible (I mean just look at how well the PS3 survive to cracks compared to previous generations, we might be able to make an uncrackable system sooner than we thing)

@Indeo: I loved reading your post, very cynical about humanity. I understand the point of you that most people have: Democracy is flawed as there is too many dumb people voting. But I have yet to find a viable solution to this problem.

Strongly suggest seeing the movie idiocracy which depicts a not so bright ''future-humanity''. This falls very well with the comment Dahzeal33 made. which as opposed to Indeo's I'm completly against the idea that the IQ of humanity is declining. Do you have anything to support such claim, if anything a higher and higher %age of the population is educated than ever before. if not on average we can safely say that because of the higher ammount of living humans we probably have ''more intelligent people than before'' maybe not proportionnaly (who knows, not you Dahzeal33, clearly).

About world peace: Where I was going with that is that once a ''perfect democracy'' (not that it perfect, but that it is applied perfectly) we are most likely to have a real unified government (and currency). First off the currency, theres absolubtly no point in having multiple currencies. things should just cost different prices in different country depending on the buying power of it's people. The change in currency is only making the economic system less efficient. Anyways, about the world goverment, my point, made simple, is that Canada has never fought a war against Canada. If your army is wearing the same suit. It won't shoot itself. at least most of the time YES I UNDERSTAND THERE CAN BE SOME EXCEPTION.

About banking: Banking is not bad, the stock market is. Theres this thing called private investment, it's not bad, UNLESS it's volatile. Which makes it a big gambling market. Investment (capital) should be offered at contract. Loans provided by banks are NOT a bad thing, they are needed for the economy.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  4. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Also people are becoming rapidly lazy. People sit around all day on facebook and say "I'm bored".

And now days when students in school get bad grades parents yell at the teacher.

Also about people becoming dumber, we have reached the point when texting while driving is a big issue.

5. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    You're totally right in regards to your examples, but I was mainly speaking of the last 5 decades or so.

Also, as a bit of a rebuttal, there are plenty of serial killers and rapists that are of very high IQ.

I should also have mentioned self control as the 4th thing in decline, and you can't tell me that's not true with a straight face.

6. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290 CFX
    If we get all the ladies to put out the gents will be too occupied to go to war :D
    There you have it,world peace.

7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Slavery is present damn near everywhere. Who you think built Abu Dhabi? Entire villages in the former soviet bloc countries have been depopulated of their women who were kidnapped and shipped all over. In haiti child slavery is rampant; in africa children are forced into wargangs; China made a big show on cracking down on the thousands of children being forced to work in brick furnaces.

"human\animal sacrifices and many other things are now forbidden by the moral code? It has a lot to do with IQ."

Actually it has a lot to do with Imperials (first Romans, then Christdom) slaughtering the peoples who practiced those things to bring their government to new lands. If you download Hume's "A History of England From Early Times" he opens with a brief account of the Roman conquests in Britain, particularly general Suetonius Paulinus massacre of the Druidic religions in AD 59. Prior to that conquest and in areas which were not conquered, all manner of murder persisted. When the romans withdrew in 448AD Britannia descended into a series of nightmarish wars & slaughters that did not end for almost a hundred fifty years.

Exerpt:

"Notwithstanding these misfortunes, the Britons were not subdued; and this island was regarded by the ambitious Romans as a field in which military honor might still be acquired. [A. D. 59.] Under the reign of Nero, Suetonius Paulinus was invested with the command, and prepared to signalize his name by victories over those barbarians. Finding that the island of Mona, now Anglesey, was the chief seat of the druids, he resolved to attack it, and to subject a place which was the centre of their superstition, and which afforded protection to all their baffled forces. The Britons endeavored to obstruct his landing on this sacred island, both by the force of their arms and the terrors of their religion. The women and priests were intermingled with the soldiers upon the shore; and running about with flaming torches in their hands, and tossing their dishevelled hair, they struck greater terror into the astonished Romans by their bowlings, cries, and execrations, than the real danger from the armed forces was able to inspire. But Suetonius, exhorting his troops to despise the menaces of a superstition which they despised, impelled them to the attack, drove the Britons off the field, burned the druids in the same fires which those priests had prepared for their captive enemies, destroyed all the consecrated groves and altars; and having thus triumphed over the religion of the Britons, he thought his future progress would be easy in reducing the people to subjection. But he was disappointed in his expectations. The Britons, taking advantage of his absence, were all in arms; and headed by Boadicea, queen of the Iceni, who had been treated in the most ignominious manner by the Roman tribunes, had already attacked, with success, several settlements of their insulting conquerors. Suetonius hastened to the protection of London, which was already a flourishing Roman colony; but found, on his arrival, that it would be requisite for the general safety, to abandon that place to the merciless fury of the enemy. London was reduced to ashes; such of the inhabitants as remained in it were cruelly massacred; the Romans and all strangers, to the number of seventy thousand, were every where put to the sword without distinction; and the Britons, by rendering the war thus bloody, seemed determined to cut off all hopes of peace or composition with the enemy. But this cruelty was revenged by Suetonius in a great and decisive battle, where eighty thousand of the Britons are said to have perished, and Boadicea herself, rather than fall into the hands of the enraged victor, put an end to her own life by poison."

-Hume writing in 1756 (edit: corrected the date from 1688)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  8. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Silly Dust, everyone knows the word "slavery" only refers to black people enslaved by europeans or their descendants.

9. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    its ambition that has the world in the state its in, its also ambition that has made us advance through the ages, a vicious circle....

10. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    I was responding to a specific post about specific things. So it's not very polite to drag things out of context.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    The NWO will not be a good thing OP. It will be do what they want or become an outcast and die.

12. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    NWO lol you listen to too much Alex Jones and/or wrestling, what is it that they want though, since you seem to have some secrets about the elite oligarchy's agenda

13. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    Sorry I dont really see the connection between cloud computing and democracy.
    If anything it will just allow corporations to control more of your information, and therefore you, than ever before. Information is, of course, Power.
    Also how does VOTING = DEMOCRACY ? At least for me, its much more complicated than that.

14. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
  15. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    Wow. OK.
    Well I guess we dont need to be discussing this any further.....
    I stand by my original comment.
    Enjoy your "Democracy" and the world peace that it obviously brings... ...
    Im glad that America, the greatest "Democracy" in the world has never started a war...

16. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    edit: nevermind, thread's cruising for a lock may as well stop here. Sorry if I offended you indeo.

17. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Reminds me of....

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Albert Einstein

Dude, we're two of a feather on these. :thumbup: On the last, when they get killed in accidents, although sad and avoidable, I chalk it up to Natural Selection.

18. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    No I don't listen to the above mentioned. If you are smart you would see how things are changing, working for less, no raises at a lot of work places anymore, buying Gold is a scam, since the NWO (Illuminati) will make it obsolete, and they are just hording your money, and will laugh at you once they destroy Golds Value, and have your money all to themselves. They will make Silver worth more than gold fairly soon.

I could go on with information, but I do not feel like writing a story here in a forum.

Think what you want, believe what you want, it wont change the reality of things.

19. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The underground economy will always be there no matter the world order. There's always somebody who doesn't want to play by the rules. Gold can play a roll in that, though it won't be the only currency.

If I were saving for societies collapse I'd buy some surplus bullet proof vests, non-perishable medicines, chemistry equipment, & other easily bartered goods rather than gold.

20. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Are you kidding? If not, then what is going on in this forum with the conspiracy theorists ffs.

No one can make gold worthless, it's a precious commodity and always has been. Its price is based on the demand for it. The only way to erode the price is to be able to make a perfect, undistingushable, gold substitute, or turn the entire world into a command economy.