How old is, "old"?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by SerotoNiN, Apr 10, 2017.

1. haste

haste Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    As said many times, it's completely subjective and depends on your health and state of your mind. There is no general rule.

I'm about the same age as you and I feel old, mostly because of work related stress and the fact that I see much younger people working in our office :) The only advice I have for you is let it go... don't even think about it, it will make your life easier.

2. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    ^^^^ Amen to that, I couldn't have said it better myself. If you enjoy your life in general and don't have any major healt issues then why thinking about yourself as an old person. Most of us are surrounded by everyday problems, but if you give up fighting with these they could easily make you look and feel much older then you really are. I know guys in late '20 or early '30 with so many grays on they heads, ruined health due to stressful life and job... etc, even my dad in his late '60 looks and feels better than these guys. On the other hand I know lots of people in late '60, '70 even late '80 and those people are so full of life, they're traveling every other weekend with their friends and grandchildren, going to parties with their friends, enjoying every single day they have left on this planet, like there is tomorrow. God knows how my life is going to look some 20 years from now but personally I can't wait my grandchildren to come to enjoy with them same way I enjoy my life atm and how I enjoy spending my time with my own children. First part of my nick here at G3D said a lot about me :)

Man, you really look damn good! You're a bit more defined then I am, but atm dont have a time to go to gym in past few months, few weeks of workouts in gym and guess we're on the same level. But I'm more handsome for sure ;) intact hair on my head, lots of it (last hair cut was some 2 months ago, wife is already complaining), no grays (still) and LOTS of fur on my chests, and on my back hahahaha... and I really love it, most important my lady love it :D Can't post pics of me atm, I'm in my office wearing some funny underware below :D 42 here on my side, same as you, two weeks from now gonna be 43 but as you said feeling like I'm in a best shape of my life. Has a minor gastric problems some 2 (or it was 3) years ago but since I've completely quit drinking CO2 based drinks (exept beer once in a while during summer, mostly with friends in front of the barbecue) my health and my shape in general are almost on perfect level. And as you said in therms of stamina and strenght I could easily put almost any 25 year old men to shame. Nothing better then going to beach in summer with my wife and kids, take down my clotes, dark brown fur everywhere on my body (Chubaka has more fur then me, damn) and walk by those 18, 20, 25 year old "kids", especially those with chests shaved like a women legs, dive in completely into the water and some two minutes later dive out some 30, 40 meters away from shore. I would like to see any of them do something like that...

Also no drugs, smoking or anything similar here on my side. Teaching my children to follow my route, all three of them are into sport since the age of 4.

Love that video, would like to see if anyone could tell them they're old. Respect...

edit
    And I bet those two above are more sexual active in their age than most of us here on G3D :D

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Gaming @ 75 and gaming WELL. Damn. You sir, are the man!!!

This is good advice. But I have trouble letting things go, even those I have no control over. I'm an idiot.

4. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I'm now 47. I work two full time jobs and teach Karate three nights a week. There isn't a second of the day when I don't want to crawl in a corner and fall asleep.
    I can still screw for hours, drink kids under the table, and cook dinner for the family every night.

I feel old like Yoda, but live more life than most 16 year olds.

5. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    It gets even better..My wife is 66, and she too is an avid gamer. We both like the same games too. Who woulda thought.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX 3080
    My dad is 65 and he still runs everyday 10km, healthy son of a b*tch lol.

7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Living the dream!

8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR
    66 years old here. Not as good as I once was but better then ever once as I every was!!

9. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    As Good As I Once Was

10. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FTW3 ULTR/HYBR

11. KevRichards

KevRichards Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 / 8GB
    This post made me feel young again :D I thought I am 30 now and getting old.