How often do you drink?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by RedSeptember, May 15, 2012.

1. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    And alcoholism is completely different to casual drinking and more-so than binge drinking. Your dependency "on the drink" is uncontrollable when you are a full blown alcoholic and trying to stop cold turkey after so many years of abuse can actually kill you.

My brother was one from age 15-37, he has done a year in Rehab, he has done all of his studies, he has been a "AA" counselor for over two years. If anyone knows about alcohol, it's him.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Few times a week. When going out or on Fridays after a hard week I tend to pour myself a good glass of whiskey.

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I don't drink if working the following day as hangovers no matter how mild ruin the day for me if I don't get me some proper sleep.

On weekends? as much as I can get away with.

Dying for a drink today, usually do after the 2nd day of sobriety. But I'll wait it out till Thursday.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Rarely - as in less than a six pack a year with a few mixed drinks from dining out thrown in. Even at my "peak" a few years back I probably averaged ~ 4 drinks/month. I like Rum & Vodka, but they are expensive and I can happily live without them. :p As for Beer, I drink it to be social and/or with wings... Beer and wings just go hand 'n hand. (from Buffalo, NY area originally, so that might explain it...). :cheers:

5. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    This^

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I drink whenever i feel like,infact youve just reminded me,i think il go have a glass of wine,i normally have beer at the weekends.

7. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    it makes most act different but if you take everyone who drinks only very few act like idiots.

8. Beez

Beez Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 GTX 4Gb
    Used to drink quite a bit, then i worked in a late night Bar for ten years, that put me off drinking completely.

9. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Yeah same here, haven't had any alcohol in 4 or 5 years now, won't be having any again either, I got into too much trouble when under the influence.

10. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    roughly every other weekend... and when i do i go balls out.

11. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Usually 1-3 pints of cider on a weekend in the pub, maybe one midweek with dinner.

12. Sprecker

Sprecker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    In my youth I could caount the days on one hand where I was sober. When I turned 25 I decided it was enough. Lost a few friends and saw a couple go off the deep end. Didn't want that in my life anymore and since you can't change what the poeple around you do you have to change what you do by changing the people you have around you. And that's what I did. Moved out of the city and stopped going out. Worked like a dog for a few years I didn't sleep at all. It was tough but I really didn't want to live without ever knowing what life was really like.
    So, to answer the OP's question, I drink about once every 3 or 4 years. Mostly during get togethers with the friends that I left behind to sober up. Sure I'll get drunk that one time but I won't do it again until the next meeting 3or 4 years later.

13. Sampson

Sampson Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 970GTX
    Dont drink at all during the week, get **** hammered on the weekends!

14. volors

volors Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070
    I drink everyday. I am Alcoholic

15. Templ

Templ Guest

I'll have a glass of wine on special occasions, maybe an odd beer here and there (usually after I come home from hiking :p). Also, if I'm around sick people, I may have a shot of schnapps; it helps prevent any potential sickness. :D

That's about it. Never was much of a drinker. Don't think I've ever been drunk, either.

16. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    Usually a pint or 2 every Friday or Saturday with my friends. Other than that not really....

17. tweakpower

tweakpower Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6770
    I was drinking all the time when was 13-20, then at 21 stopped all of that, now only few times in year, and not to get drunk, just to make company to others ;)

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I forgot to say i even exchanged my water cooling in my pc for Beer,i even stuck a nice fat straw in the reservoir so while im gaming i can take a nice big slurp....it does get a bit warm though.

19. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080 Strix
    i vodkacooled my pc, it's never run so well. And oddly enough i don't need PT Nuke or whatever it's called... lucky.

20. scipio

scipio Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    I drink 3-4 times a week, usually a 22oz of IPA, sometimes with some Jameson. I usually drink too much on Wednesdays for some reason. cest la vie