How often do you drink?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by RedSeptember, May 15, 2012.

1. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    So I really enjoy my red wine.

I usually have a glass with dinner every night, but that glass can turn into a bottle. I wake up with no hang over or anything just maybe bad gas.

I'm male, just under 6ft and I keep in shape, but regardless is that too much?

A glass of wine can easily turn into 2-3 glasses when having it with dinner..

I work a 48hour week (8am-6pm 5 days a week) so a glass of wine after a long day is really relaxing. (not complaining about my hours, I consider my self fortunate).

So how often do you guys drink? (not just red wine of course)

2. Goutan

Goutan Master Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    I'll have weeks where I'll have some whiskey about 5 days in a row. Otherwise, i'll often go 2 weeks without anything. I find that the amount I crave varies based on how I'm feeling about my life.

Youre might not be feeling very accomplished in your job if you feel like having a drink every night.

3. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Absolut Vodka... I finish a bottle every other night.. usually out with my buddies. Friday-Sat are big party night so I double up.

Yes I have a problem and I admit it, but I love to have fun and i'm a happy funny drunk so lets do it! :banana:

4. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    The family likes to make cocktails on the weekends, so prissy drinks at least once a week. Also I go to the bar with friends at least once every two weeks. I don't drink alone though--that's just asking for trouble.

5. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Back when I was in high school, I use to have a few malt drinks here and there. My parents were cool with it since I never drank too much (until late '06 during my cousin's wedding after party - :puke:).

Few years back I drank a variety of liquors: schnapps (apple, cinnamon, root beer, orange), rum (zombie, hurricane), and tequila (margaritas baby!).

Never was much of a beer drinker. Corona was the only thing I drank if I was in the mood for it. When I became gluten intolerant I didn't have any beer until a year ago when I found some GF beer at my local liquor store. Tasted nearly the same but was 1.5x as much. :mad2:

My mom only drinks wines, mainly white zinfandel. I'm not a big fan of wine but after a few drinks I don't mind.

My dad drinks beer but very seldom. Some will stay in the fridge for more than a few months. If I was back in high school, that drink would have been gone. :boozer:

Right now I'm trying vodka (potato and corn). Mixed with a little cranberry juice or in a smoothie, I'm sold. :grin:

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  6. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Man... I've tried Potato vodka... it's pretty dang rough... corn i've heard never of though.

I stomach Absolut and Svedka very well.... I dunno if it's cuz they are Swedish vodkas but they both sit well in the stomach.

I also love Ketel One, but as a premium vodka it is a happy drunk, then a bad stomach ache quickly after...

Not sure why but Absolut is the number one vodka, otherwise. Southern Comfort with some Coke or Dr.Pepper is bangin'...! :stewpid:

7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Maybe averaging out a pint of beer a month? I don't drink much, it's only whenever my friends are up for it. Some months I'm dry, sometimes I drink 2 or 3 pints a month, it really depends.

deltatux

8. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Oh I feel accomplished, its just I work in a quality management role and I HATE working with numbers, but statistics are vital in my job profile so I am just mentally tired end of the day. :puke2:

9. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    More or less never.. Maybe a beer or two once every two months or so...

10. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I only ever used to have a drink on special occasions, birthdays, weddings xmas, etc. But in reality, ever since I started Karate over 3yrs ago I have found myself craving the drink more and more; (or it could just be that my biological mother was a complete piss-head and it's starting to catch up with my genetic structure now.)

Given the way I am wired, I see no problem in having 1-2-3 drinks a day since I feel I am more relaxed and easier to be around.

11. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I work 80-90 a week and gone for 5-6 days at a time. I usually have a beer almost every day after work. When I'm back home I'll usually drink about a small glass of liquor a day around dinner time.
    It's not really a question of how often, but how much you drink.

12. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    I don't drink and therefore any problems associated with drinking don't bother me :)

13. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'll have a beer or two every friday and saturday pretty much without exception. More if I go out. Sometimes a beer or two mid-week too if I feel I deserve it.

A weekend without beer is no weekend at all.

14. Outrance

Outrance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD6950 950Mhz/1350Mhz
    I'm nearly one year sober. Nearly lost everything. To answer the question, at the moment, never.

15. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    well done keep it up

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Surprisingly, I haven't had anything to drink in almost 2 weeks.

17. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Oh god! you're one of those people lol. My brother has been sober for over 3yrs and it's paying off big time.

If you found alcohol was the cause of your problems, and you're better off now because you don't drink, then clearly, you're better off... Keep it up.

18. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Too often lately. About a 6 pack a day for a few weeks.

In recent years I have gone as long as 6 months without a drink but lately I've felt the need more often.

Hard times and all that...

19. ibitato

ibitato Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4870X2+4870 1GB on S T260
    just weekends with my wife
    bottle of wine at dinner
    few beers on saturday or sunday while we walk the dog
    maybe 2 gyntonics if we go out a bit
    thats it

20. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru