How often do you clean your..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by killerxr290, May 26, 2010.

?

How often do you clean your keyboard?

1. Never

13.9%
  2. Whats this "clean" you speak of?

15.3%
  3. Every few weeks

34.7%
  4. Every few months

36.1%
  1. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    I tried a cheap one before and hated it because typing accurately on it was impossible and I had to throw it away so fast in frustration that it turned out to be much more expensive than buying a more decent one instead. For about four and a half bucks more than what you paid, I can get a mechanical keyboard that lasts several years (usually five years or longer).

2. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    You lack the option "every week". I make a habit of cleaning my keyboards (and vacuum the intake fan filters) every Tuesday, and clean my screen every morning. That last bit may stem from using the screens for photo editing (yup, properly calibrated displays)...

//Svein

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Too bad you live in norway Svein_Skogen, i would invite you over every week :D

4. Quicks

Quicks Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil RX 470 / 4GB
    Normally I go through 3 - 4 keyboards a year, But funny enough this last keyboard thats only R50 or $4 lasted me 2 years and it a bit dusty but it does not bother me that much. But I clean my mouse every month or two.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    2 to 3 times a month. Once every year a big cleanup where I open it up and let it all bathe in water, let it dry and then put it all back together. Only happens when it's one of those keyboards that "lasts" though.

6. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Really depends.. I also eat at my comp, and smoke aswell.. So preety much small particles and dust arround..
    But usually I clean it with the vacuum 1/week, and then with wet baby wipes.. otherwise I take it appart every 6 months or so, to clean it properly under a shower :)
    For the mouse, I clean it a bit more often, every week or even more with wet baby wipes..

7. PuddingWagon

PuddingWagon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I give it a full scrub about once a year. You'd think after 14 years a keyboard would learn how to bathe itself, but no.

8. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    I never clean my keyboard. I don't eat over it and it doesn't crunch when I type :). I had my first keyboard for 4/5 years - never had a problem- never have cleaned it.

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    I just change it? xD, i eat at PC, but not over keyboard. Just handle mouse with right hand. It gets dusty and has crap. I clean dust and crap with wet bath-paper xP and hit the keyboard with the table, so it drops most of its crap.

mouse im cleaning it everyday, once i find a little of "crap" i remove it

10. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I used to clean my keyboards every once in a while but I haven't cleaned this G15 ever. I'm scared of taking it apart and breaking something, especially as I don't like the look of the new G15's. Though, if this one breaks I'm getting my wife's egonomic keyboard, very comfortable for the hands.

11. Flakk

Flakk Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980
    Every few months. I have an old Zboard in which the keys can be removed off the base. Easier clean up but still manages to get alot of dust.

12. Ph@ntom

Ph@ntom Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770 HAWK Twin Frozr
    I only clean it if I do spill on it, otherwise I'm pretty sure that a nice layer of crumbs/hair/dirt/dust/grime/fatty oils/hand cream/lotion/algae/ and what not has accumulated by now, reducing my gaming keystroke abilities by a full 2.3983%.
    I think its time for an "upgrade".