How often do you clean your..

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by killerxr290, May 26, 2010.

?

How often do you clean your keyboard?

1. Never

13.9%
  2. Whats this "clean" you speak of?

15.3%
  3. Every few weeks

34.7%
  4. Every few months

36.1%
  1. killerxr290

killerxr290 Banned

GPU:
    Im Out
    Keyboard?

I just took all the keys off mine and give them a good wash and also cleaned the keyboard its self.

It now feels like new when i type on it :banana:

Feels (and looks) Much better!

I have a bad habbit of eating at my desk so food and other crap get all over it lol :puke2:

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i wonder what evilkiller's response will be :D

anyways, i clean my once a few months, dont ever take it apart, since i have a g15.
    on my media pc i have a saitek eclipse, took that apart so many times, due to beer other fluids being spilled / poored into the keyboard lol :)

3. jimbo4510

jimbo4510 Member

GPU:
    pny 8800gtx 768 x 2
    i got an air compresser so i clean mine when its dusty so one a week and a quick wipe

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I clean mine every week, sometimes more than once. Keyboards are filthy things if they are allowed to fester!

5. weston

weston Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I've never cleaned mine, surprisingly it doesn't get too dusty or anything, and I don't eat by the computer.

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    you did remove the plastic when you removed it from the box it came with did you ?

7. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    lol

i do mine once a week maybe more depends on if ive nothing eles to do g15 love to strip it down some day mode the lights to blue ;)

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Only when I spill something on it... sometimes I just turn it upside down and shake it, then wipe it when I'm dusting my room. But that's hardly considered cleaning.

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Well, my keyboard looks the same as new (minus the dust). I vacuum it when it gets dusty.

10. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I wipe it down and blow dust out every 10 days or so, I hate that sticky feeling otherwise... :/

11. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

I don't eat by my PC, and my keyboard slides under my desk when not in use so it doesn't get too dusty. I probably blow it out once every few months. Oh I also wash my hands before using the computer and don't smoke. Maybe we should start a poll for that? :D

12. naike

naike Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus EAH5870
    I chose every few months, but in reality I clean it like ½ times a year :D

13. TruMutton_200Hz

TruMutton_200Hz Guest

GPU:
    Iris Xe
    It cleans itself automatically every time I type on it lol.

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I dont eat next to PC and use vacool cleaner from time to time to remove dust. Laptop keyboard and my desktop's laptop kinda keyboard are hard to clean properly.

15. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    man, cleaning my keyboard isnt my problem, my problem is dropping it everytime i move it.....i went through 4 keyboards this year already because i break em like a movie star breaks his cars, and trucks..

im a clutz bigtime.....
    i can see my movie up in lights as we speak:

*sublime20: the keyboard chronicles -

synopsys:

join sublime20 as he jumps out of moving vehichles, jumps out of planes and races down slopes with his keyboard to bring justice to the angry ninja bandits and saves his fair lady in this suspensefull thriller were all the keyboards he touches have a lifespan of no longer than 4 days"

so get ready and grab your helmets and full body armor, 'cause you will be burned, flung, drug through big time action sets, and blown up.. you might also have QWERTY shrapnel headed your way in this pulse pounding, whiteknuckle keyboard slamming action packed movie!

New York Times
    "i swear i counted at least 20 keyboards get dismembered and mutilated throughout the whole movie, it was like world war 3"

E! Entertainment weekly:
    "Sublime20 really has a way with showing you new ways to destroy the most beloved keyboards around- you should have seen the way he used a keyboard as a battering ram to get a cell phone out of a locked cabinet"

Fox News:
    " sublime20 is truly surgical with that keyboard..thwarting angry ninja dudes with the back of his keyboard... mad skills!!!"

Last edited: May 26, 2010

16. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Lycosa here... no choice but to clean it often, otherwise it becomes a mess in no time :(

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Same, I just use a dust cloth to wipe the glossy parts off, and wash my hands before I use my pc.

18. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I clean mine every month or 2 months. My keyboard is an HP Laptop based keyboard and it doesnt get that much stuff stuck inside it so fine. I clean the dust every week or so but that is usually when i am not using it.

19. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Never, I always just buy a new one (typically a new one every year). I dont ever buy gaming keyboards and stick to the ones that are under $10 that dont sound fricking loud when typing. These inexpensive keyboards can even be washed in the sink/dishwasher.

20. compgeek89

compgeek89 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1080ti SC2
    Im basically the same. Just get cheap keyboards. I clean them only if there's literally a substance on them.