How much energy does your console use

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Horus-Anhur, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Here's how much power your consoles use, and how much that costs in the UK

EidBiO3.png

So if you are concerned about your energy bill, the your best option is the Nintendo Switch, followed by the Series S.
    If you are using a PS5, then your electrical bill will probably be the highest. :D

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I removed the gtx1080 from my pc and replaced it with a 1030, now my pc draws 68w while playing Star Trek online, only thing i use the pc for these days, although the steam deck draws 38w while playing the same game, and of course the Series S is a little energy saver, point in question, Forza 7 on the series X was drawing 189w top draw, same game on the S was drawing 53w top draw.
    But yeah since April of this year when lekky prices here in the UK went totally ballistic, and with more higher prices to come in 4 months time, i have managed to replace all of my high power consuption gaming devices with cheap alternative without impacting on my gaming, and it has worked out great, with the steam deck doing two things, cheap as chips to run even when powered from the the wall at a 45w consumption, but it has also allowed me to at last tackle my insane backlog of steam account games. ha