How much does the RTSS overlay/fps capping impact performance with its default settings?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by BlindBison, Oct 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I saw in a few forums recently that the RTSS overlay seemed to impact fps in some cases -- particularly the minimum fps from what I read, though all of this is hearsay and based off of the tests of individuals from what I gather.

There were also some tests done by wcctech it seems that at a glance seem to indicate that RTSS was having a discernible impact on some AMD hardware, but perhaps that's a unique case that no longer applies (unsure):

Anyway, I love using RTSS, but if it has a discernible impact on performance than I would think it'd be best to disable in some cases.

In my case, I appear to be more CPU limited than GPU (1080 Ti at 1440p) so does RTSS being a CPU based limiter have any concerning affects there? Truthfully I'm out of my depth and just don't really know about this sorta thing.

Thanks for your help and time, I appreciate it.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Use search please.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Smough and BlindBison like this.
  4. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Thanks! That's helpful -- I understand then that the particular instance of perf drop was a limited case that's since been fixed (and only applied to AMD), but does RTSS have a perf impact at all usually? I didn't previously think so, but I did want to double check. Thanks,

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Once again, use search, I commented it into the past. PLEASE, search and read what I posted before on this subject in RTSS development thread. No need to beat dead horse and start this false rumors discussion again. WCCFTECH tried to jump into hype train and distorted the facts. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.