How many people are for or against Weed?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jonnyboy, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Should Weed be Legal?

1. Yes

61.6%
  2. No

28.7%
  3. Maybe

11.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Doomster

Doomster Master Guru

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850/AcerX263w
    All in moderation. There has been no cancer reports from using MJ and no reported deaths. You can't overdose on MJ, no matter how much you take, internally or by inhalation.
    Yes, the Canadian and US Governments should legalize it and save a lot of money that is used for law-enforcement and man-power time in the process.
    Personal growing should be legal and not mass growing to make a profit. Governments should grow, regulate and sell this natural product and make profits and earn millions of dollars. Yes , I am a casual user and I have never broken the law in using it or encouraged anyone else to do so. I would rather be High (happy) from MJ use than Depressed on Alcohol use (and kill someone!).

2. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    i drink and ive never been depressed or tried to kill anyone and i should say ive heard more people who smoke dope say id kill for a joint than drinkers say id kill for a pint

3. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    I believe it should be completely legalized.
    The fact that it is illegal causes many problems, including the ridiculous price marijuana has become.

Since Marijuana is so expensive people will commit violent crimes and armed robberies to get at a dealers stash, not because the robbers are violently addicted to it but because they can steal thousands of dollars worth of "merchandise" without it being reported to the cops (I know several people that this has happened to). Acts like this is what causes drug dealers to protect themselves and defend their property. If Marijuana were legalized, it would be as cheap as any other herb and drug dealers (as they currently are) would be a thing of the past.

The government could also regulate it better. If one had to go to a legitimate store that ID'd you before you could purchase marijuana, they no longer could get it at any age in any amount. Last night while one of my underage friends was trying to find someone over 21 to buy him a bottle of liquor me and a few friends were enjoying marijuana I purchased from someone who probably is part of a gang and commits violent crimes...

The fact of the matter is that prohibition fails. If there is a demand for something, people WILL find ways to acquire it. All that the government can do is regulate how it is acquired.

I strongly urge everyone to watch this video: The Union: The business behind getting high

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    If we legalise it here and get a decent tax revenue from it then perhaps they can lower fuel duty! That would be cool!

5. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    so why not make crystal meth legal or heroin? if you think by legalizing mj you will stop robery you are mistaken people always want thing other people have it doesnt matter what it is

6. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    Except for the fact that we're talking about making it legal... :3eyes:

I voted yes. Should be legal, compared to alcohol it's harmless like a baby, and the government can get a huge profit from it by taxes, just like with alcohol.
    I see no problem.

7. Doomster

Doomster Master Guru

GPU:
    SapphireHD3850/AcerX263w
    JD or MJ?

If you read my post , I said "If you were Depressed on Alcohol", you might kill someone or under the influence of Alcohol. Medically speaking,Alcohol, is considered a depressant, MJ is considered, by medical terms, as an hallucinogenic but I have never experienced any hallucinations just excessive or uncontrolled laughter.
    And as far as herion or c.meth use is concerned, I have never tried and never will use, man-made substances , only what Mother Nature has provided.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  8. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    FACT: Meth and Heroin are extremely addictive, Marijuana is not.

Legalizing Marijuana would allow the prices of the plant to drop below $280 an oz, which would cause less motivation for people to steal it (and like I said earlier, one of the easiest ways to make money is to steal something that can't be reported stolen). You never hear of armed robberies over oregano or even tobacco have you?

Also, I have a fundamental belief that its not up to the government to dictate what one does with their own body. I believe through education and smart parenting individuals learn how to responsibly maintain and use their body.

9. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    but it is adictive. and people use a gun to rob anything. your arguments are all over the place. make it legal so people braking the law by growing and selling it can tell the police some one robed it off them?? its beside the point

10. biggerx

biggerx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    People wouldn't be robbing people for it if it was legal. Granted you'd still get the ******* that robs a liquor store for a few bucks, a pack of smokes & a little pack of joints (if weed was legal), but crime like drug dealers killing each other over Marijuana (which is really rare btw it's usually cocaine around these parts) would stop. <<< That is a fact.

Also, most of the weed that is grown in California is not grown by hardcore Mexican gangsters. It's probably that way in most places. I know where my weed was grown. I know that there was no gang wars over the weed I'm buying. It's grown by normal people like you & I. I know because i have visited some farms & houses up north. My friend runs one. I used to sell it for him before it was a legal operation. He would grow it & bring it to Orange & Los Angeles County, give it to us (his friends) & we would sell it to our friends. That is how it works in California anyways.

It seems like there is a myth that the Marijuana culture is the same as the other drug cultures & businesses. It is farrrrrrrr from it. Really far. I would never associate with someone that uses/sells/endorses heroin or cocaine. EVER.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    People drink and drive all the time in California dude...so whats the difference cause people will abuse alcohol worse then weed and weed is not a gateway drug alcohol is more of a gateway drug then weed.

12. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080ti GamX
    Jonnyboy, the State of Michigan recently voted to legalize MJ for medicinal purposes. The campaign advertised that MJ could help relieve the suffering sick people. But there were many people who would prefer the sick suffer than experience relief thru MJ. If MJ had been legal in the past, I wonder if Michigan would have needed the services of Doctor Jack Kevorkian.

13. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    your comment is just stupid dude Meth is the most dangerous drug out there I over dosed and that stuff back in 2006 and a drug like that should never be legalized period same goes for heroin.MJ should be legal because it is a natural plant not some chemical based drug like cocaine but now days cocaine is not as pure as it used to be but it is still snortable and just as dangerous as meth or heroin.I only seen people go from pot to extreme drugs is when they smoke something like a chewy or weed laced with something that isn't weed.BTW I can get an eighth of weed for 45 usd and that's pretty good imo.

@ceetopone
    imo dude the people that voted no to make it for people with health issue is very messed up.I mean would they rather have them doped up on morphine then weed?and imo morphine is a dangerous if alot is used and weed isn't.

14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080ti GamX
    ceetopone
    imo dude the people that voted no to make it for people with health issue is very messed up.I mean would they rather have them doped up on morphine then weed?and imo morphine is a dangerous if alot is used and weed isn't.[/QUOTE]

It is just hard to understand why society will let people suffer when relief is available. Or make people like those Dr. Kevorkian assisted continue to live in pain when they want to move on. I guess some people just get-off on being able to control the lives of others.

15. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    simple fact is people abuse booze and drugs. if we were all sensible then you could perhaps legalise cannabis.

fact is there are far 2 many stupid people for this 2 happen. drinking and driving = death.

stoned + driving = death.

class a + driving= death.

so end of story.

anything that effects your cognitive ability to react and make a response and is a detriment to your ability is a no-no.

simple fact.

16. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080ti GamX
    .... and lets not forget sex addiction (David Duchovny)
    sex + driving = death.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    oops sorry...the list could be endless then...

hence why u are prosecuted!

sorry i'm at a loss here. i cant understand this thread at all. a mind affecting drug that effects peoples physche and reduces their reaction speed and people want to legalise.

i for one dont want to be on the roads when someone has had a spliff or 2 or a bong.

reality check please!

blah blah people who are stoned are peacefull etc etc. so a chap is peacefull but doesnt see a child run out in front of him. what will happen? you will be tested and it will show you have taken something.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  18. Nijohc

Nijohc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    I voted No, but if they did legalise it just enforce keeping it away from children.

I can't stand some parents who smoke that crap all day with their children present, they need a proper slap, especially when we don't know the potential effects the drug can have on young minds, read : cannabis psychosis.

19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Seems like an epic way to die tbh, especially when involving high speed and an orgasm the very second before u smash into a wall xD

20. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb

Maybe we should ban valuables too because people like to steal them?