How many people are for or against Weed?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jonnyboy, Jan 28, 2009.

?

Should Weed be Legal?

1. Yes

60.1%
  2. No

30.1%
  3. Maybe

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Well they told us its bad and makes you into a junkie then they told us the church doesnt approve and the police will f*ck you up.

But then again they used to tell us alcohol does this, cigs do that and bla bla bla...

Personally I think sex ed/drug ed classes were just a means to give young people their first contact with the said stuff so they kinda dont work.

2. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Follow the leader? Good will to the USA maybe?

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Horizon Weed program BBC 2 now be there

4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    if it is illegal because of that alcohol should be illegal too be cause that destroys brain cells too but not if you don't abuse it same goes for weed.

5. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Wow, I can't believe this is 11 pages in. Voted yes of course. Waste of police resources chasing down guys who grow plants IMO.

6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    My bad V4 SKUNK. As an American I mis-realized that the balance of the world might not be familiar with our pledge of allegiance. So,

1954 to Present:
    "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands: one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Reread post # 247. Laws "based on the outdated social values implemented by the bible" are hard if not imposible to change. But since the marijuana law was based on racism and corruption, how does, Yes, we can change. Sound?

7. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Come on lets not ruin this thread, this has gone too far to be ruined by a lone poster.

I beg anyone to ignore the above post and just forget about it.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I didn't see anything wrong with his post (unless I missed something).

I think he was just trying to clarify himself......

Although I disagree with the "follow the leader" and "goodwill" comments....

Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
  9. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Cybermancer, please advise what i said that might ruin this thread so i can be more carefull in the future.

thank you.

10. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Please, be very careful now, V4.SKUNK. Next time you're getting some infraction points.
    1. Words such as "colored" and "negro" are products of a bygone era. They are archaic and considered by some to be derogatory. (Source: http://www.diversityinc.com/public/2934.cfm)

2. Just leave the politics and religion out of this thread.

11. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Thank you Cybermancer, I will always respect your opinion. The dilemma was,
    Words as such are product of a bygone era and their associated politics appeared central to why marijuana became an illegal drug in the US.

12. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    some great arguements there,i'm glad none of you guys are my lawyer :)

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    same here mate,the good old days :)

14. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    :( only 8 pages @ 1920 x 1200.

15. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    the fact is from what ive learnt off TV is the stuff calms you down, can be addictive but very rare and in super rare cases can enhance your chances of becoming crazy (hearing voices etc). On the plus side its calming, makes you high if your feeling down or depressed, can be good for your health and can help with pain.

Im not against it becoming legal, but dont like inhaling smoke.

16. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    If there was a vote to decide which one to make illegal I'd pick weed

17. sepulchre

sepulchre Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX280
    Well i have been away from this thread for a few days so i ain't read it all, but i just have to remind everyone (if it has not been said already), in the UK we have just upgraded weed again to a class b drug, because downgrading was not a very effective method of controlling it.

Plus the main reason for reclassifying it was for health reasons. Grass, weed ,cannabis is now stronger and more potent, and has effects on ones mental state (coming from one who has smoked them all) beyond what was previously believed, (but only by those who have never smoked the stuff).

Another poll would be when was your first hallucination on cannabis.

And don't lie.

To start with you never had one.

Now that it IS a stronger drug it's more like booze and people DO hallucinate on it.

If you lie you will get a shock as soon as you touch the N key.

18. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    masterchief, I can respect that you don't want to take smoke into your lungs. smoking substances is not for everyone, I don't think anyone would question you on that.

But please, can you do me a favor and stop posting your ideas when they are based off of things you've seen on TV? I mean either you know about a topic or you don't. I'm not going to make claims about laws or justice, because I'm not a lawyer and don't know the first thing about it. Watching law and order or matlock unfortunately will not change that. You see what I'm trying to say here??

You're right though in that it is calming, but hearing voices? Maybe if the person drank a lot, took some advil, a shot of heroine, ate some pajote and THEN had a puff.. but on its own? And addictive? How is it addictive? People and their addictive personalities make marijuana addictive? Ok...
    Once again, I'd appreciate completely farcical claims to be toned down a little.. kids could be reading this. You wouldn't want to lie to them would ya?

Yknow I just don't beleive this. Any proof? Links?

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  19. ManicOne

ManicOne Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS 5850 Crossfire
    Sepulchre, Mary Jane was originally banned because DuPont, a large milling company, had invested mega bucks in building paper mills that consumed wood. Hemp is the strongest natural fibre (by far), and regrowth (per area) is 4 times faster than wood.

DuPont pulled strings in the US government (being one of the largest companies in the world at the time) and had MJ banned. Thus began the anti-MJ propaganda machine.

And FYI, Reagan, as well as virtually every other US WWII parachutist, had chutes made of hemp.

If you are going to claim true knowledge in the future, make sure it is just that - True.

20. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I'm not going to read through 12 pages of this thread but my answer to the initial question is:

I couldn't give two ****s who's for or against weed.

If someone wants to smoke it, so be it... if someone doesn't, all the power to them.

Let people do whatever the hell they like, they'll only do it anyway. So much fuss over something that can't be dealt with either way tbh.