How many of you think Hillary Clinton will become the next US President???

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by viren, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I will say this. Trump being anti-establishment might work out. However, as much as I believe the establishment needs a shake up, I don't see it coming from Trump. Too many maintained their seats in Congress. I'm willing to support Trump, but there are conditions attached.

Presidential pardon for Edward Snowden (He did his civic duty under the constitution)
    Repeal of the Deeming regulations on Vaping
    Fix the "Affordable Care Act" instead of repealing it.
    Limit Gov't assistance to convicted felons to 1yr
    Limit Gov't assistance to everyone else to 2yr ("W*****e to work" program anyone?)
    Enforce the "Clean Air Act"
    Repeal Bush's policies that forced ethanol blended fuels on us
    At least investigate legalizing marijuana

The first few months in office for Trump will tell how the rest of his term will go.

What media bullcrap? Every time I've sat and watched the news, it's been entirely Anti-Clinton.

For once, we agree on something....

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hillary live
    https://youtu.be/20ZoBrN3i9k

Hillary speaking about being "your champion" to women, speaks of the LGBT community. This is a women who received donations from countries that treat women as 2nd class citizens and execute homosexuals.

Now tolerant liberals are threatening Trumps youngest son. No republicans did this to Obamad kids when he won either time.
    https://twitter.com/drewsantana5494/status/796346387587887106

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Don't forget public executions like beheadings and crucifixions.

Anyway, the Philippines' Duterte has gone from calling the American President a "son of a bitch" to "I would like to congratulate Mr. Donald Trump. Long live. We are both making curses. Even with trivial matters we curse. I was supposed to stop because Trump is there. I don't want to quarrel anymore, because Trump has won." http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-reaction-philippines-idUSKBN13412N

Very nice.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Watching her speech, talking about divisions she wanted to perpetuate for her political benefit while Trump and his surrogates emphasize the colors that unite them. Ugh. So satisfying watching Huma Abedin's smug expression change to tearful. Ah.

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    This is the same thinking that many in the US have, but factories to build what, and who for?

Technology is stealing the jobs people used to do, and people in the UK and US aren't willing to work for very low pay.

Creating jobs these days is pretty much bribing companies with tax payers money, it's about scoring political more than helping the people.

The people need to help themselves, relying or blaming the government or even migrants is an excuse.
    It used to be minorities who used this card, now it's everyone.

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Really hope the apparent VAST majority of America is happy. Electing a president to "Make America great again" who seems to have absolutely NO plans for doing so besides "building a wall". He's all for keeping the taxes he already hasn't paid in like 20 years as low as possible, and trying to stave off paying taxes on money earned overseas or something like that.... does not seem to care about technology, telecom, etc... so long as it's secure and "The enemy" can't somehow get U.S. intel through it.

*sigh*.... Welcome to 4 years of absolutely nothing going on for America, America.

8. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
  9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Maha Guru

GPU:
    Don't need one

ahh lol got to love the internet lol

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That's what im curious about.

This morning it was all a bit creating jobs, and building stuff, but he doesn't want to tax the rich so im not sure how any of this can be paid for.

Defeating ISIS, monitoring all Muslims, deporting all illegals, looking after veterans, fixing inner cities etc.... as there is likely lots I've forgotten about.

It's impossible, unless he scraps something like military spending lol.

11. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Millitary costs a lot, but also brings in a lot :D

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It works like

GOP = Borrow and spend

Dem = Tax and spend

Which costs more in the long run? The history of the GOP massively increasing the debt and deficits (you know the fiscally conservative party)
    would argue that's the path we're headed down again. Time will tell.

13. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    How ya doing, Hemi?

14. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I'm actually pretty amazed at how well Trump's 'Dopes and Fears' campaign worked. Though given today's Twitter rage society, it should have been predicted.

15. TestDrivers

TestDrivers Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Well, Clinton had the majority of the votes, but because of the system in the US, Trump won ;)
    Clinton stood at 47.7 percent and Trump at 47.5 percent.
    In numbers Clinton got about 250K more votes out of about 120 million votes, so I would almost call it a dead race in popular votes

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Eh, given the results in Michigan/PA and stuff, I think it had more to do with his position on manufacturing/labor and bringing those kind of jobs back. The problem is those jobs will be automated in the next 10 years.

Like neither candidate addressed the upcoming automation problem at all. People cry about the coal industry all the time - at it's peak it had ~350K people, now it has ~180K people. By comparison the trucking industry has 3.5M drivers and over the next 10-20 years, nearly all of those positions are going to be automated. What are you going to do with those people? Or the influx of similar jobs that Trump wants to bring here?

17. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE
    Well you might be surprised; I didn't vote for either candidate, but I don't live in a toss up state so it's not like it would've changed the outcome anyways. Also, I don't have a twitter account. I hate twitter!

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Put them to work building robots. :banana: But you're right, increasing automation. The service industry will suffer too. Less workers means less customers. One of the advantages of being retired. I just get to watch and not in any meaningful way, be impacted by it.

20. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.