how many of you that married but still playing games?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signas_86, May 26, 2010.

?

gaming or no more gaming?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2010.
  1. married but still gaming

57 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. married and divorce with gaming

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    @post59
    too bad she needs to realize men can't give them 100% attention all the time we need our frigen space and alone time.For me i'm not married or have a GF because they would just complicate my life and these days I have a lot on my plate and with the way me being bipolar they would just piss me off with wanting my attention all the time.

2. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    Hopefully you find the right girl.When you do, you'll want to giver her 100%, and when you're apart you'll feel incomplete.

I understand most of you guys here are young, but if you end up with the right girl, gaming won't seem as important.Fun yes, but not important.

-21 years, and still happy

3. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    what's the difference between a girlfriend and a high-end graphic card?

none, both of them require a lot of money. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  4. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    My GF doesn't care, she watches a lot of TV, she studies law though so she's entitled to her relaxation time...

She let me spend a lot of our combined savings ( spendings ) on a 40" TV for my room, and then I needed a new blu ray player as the old one wouldn't play some of my movies ( and wouldn't update firmware ), and of course I needed a $300 glass entertainment unit for said TV...she let me get that too, and just today I told her I was going to start saving a bit of money each week for a gtx480...and she said I could use my tax money to get it in a month :D ( we had a prior agreement that in return for me using so much of our money for my stuff that she would get my tax return )

Yep I love my mrs..so nope it's all good.

EDIT:

I'm not married but we've been together 4 years, and have lived together for as long, joint bank accounts, shared income and such.

@Year, your post reminded me of a good and relevant quote

"those who are willing to trade freedom( to play games ) for security ( having a mrs ) deserve neither" - Benjamin Franklin

She should just deal with it, if she doesn't respect your lifestyle and hobbies, then she is the wrong mrs, I wouldn't never tell my mrs she couldn't do something, and vice versa

That says it all right there...you're affraid of her, you need to whip your pants off her right now

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    that's an excellent quote and perfectly true, i like it. :thumbup:

6. rotzilla

rotzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac geforce 9400gt
    In my 40's married for 16 years, she dosen't get it, but she also dosen't complain about it. I usually play 5 to 10 hrs weekly. I had to laugh at her the other day cause she was playing farmville. She gave me a quick run down on the concept, all I could say was it dosen't go fast and your not shooting anyone so what's the point?

7. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    He needs to tell her she's immature for watching TV programmes he doesn't like, or thinks are stupid.

The difference is one doesn't whine, complain and mostly does what it says on the box, while the other (possibly) suffers from permanent pms.

Better not show her then, you'll get whipped if she does.

8. HellBringer

HellBringer Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX470
    totaly crap

i have to agree 10000% i have been married for 9 years and in the beginning i told her straight "i had my pc before i had you", she has her hobbies and i play games. NUFF SAID !!!!!!

HellBringer OUT!!!!

9. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Its like the saying...
    "I have never went to bed with an ugly women... but i have woken up with a few!".

10. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Not really married, but got a 2.5 year old son :)
    Gaming is more or less a luxury I can't afford.. But I try to play some UT2k4 from time to time..
    Otherwise just racing games and GTA4 with my son :p

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The gfx card is cheaper and doesn't get pregnant?

12. Nasgul

Nasgul Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX 512MB 700/11
    I used to play games a lot, when I was a teen, but now I can't even play for more than 20min, I just get bored, so I don't anymore as I used to.

I do other things with my time, but just yesterday I bought a game on eBay, Crysis Warhead, I think I played a little at the local PC shop and it was fun but I'm sure after 20 min I'll get bored and do something else.

I got an XBOX 360, Wii & PS2, played with them maybe for 1 hour each in about a year or less, my son plays that, I can't.

I use my XBOX360 mainly for Netflix these days.

13. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    I'm 32, been married for 3 years, with her for almost 9

The only time she ever complained about gaming was when i was playing WoW excessively, and she was totally right. I jacked it in the same day and never played it again (3 years ago)

I still play games each day, manage 2 hours in the gym each morning before work and spend time with our little girl whilst helping around the house.

There is always time for everything, you just need to make it.

A successful marriage is about respect and compromise.

14. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    lol oh graphic cards whine alright.. especially when the fan is about to go. :D

[​IMG]

15. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Amen brother! You are completely right, and to the rest of you guys - if you can't put your wife before your hobby then you don't deserve a relationship & at the same time if your wife won't allow her husband some time to relax with a hobby a couple nights a week (or more) then she doesn't deserve a relationship either. It's all about mutual love (yes that "L" word) and respect for each other. :)

16. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    During my drinking days way way back ive experienced that odd phenomenon. :puke2:

17. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    every ****ing word. five years down the drain...went down just a few months ago

apparently i dont attract the nice ones :| but anyway good for you, the world needs more geeks :)

i lol'd hard @this

18. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I just clicked married to see the numbers lol

19. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Wow, lots of veterans around here!!
    Although i'm not married i would like to give my 2C here :D

Lately i've found the PC to be extremely boring so i will probably not game like i used to when i get older.
    Every single game is getting boring for me, don't know why xD
    The only games that i still play are FPS and not much lately

20. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    the gamers shall inherit the earth