how many of you that married but still playing games?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signas_86, May 26, 2010.

?

gaming or no more gaming?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2010.
  1. married but still gaming

57 vote(s)
    95.0%
  2. married and divorce with gaming

3 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I'm 31 and game daily. When we got married we came to the agreement that I'd game and she'd watch her shows. Now we sit next to eachother, have decent PC's and she watches her programmes, while BOINC whores points for me and I play games.

If she doesn't like it I can always take up smoking, drinking daily, going out with friends and come back when I feel like it, or do other things to release stress (though EVE is damned stressfull).

You people who whine about your girlfriends complaining about your gaming being immature should ask them what's so damned mature about sitting behind a screen watching a talent show. What do they gain from watching Jerry or whatever **** is now in fashion?

I've seen many men quit gaming because they're pathetically weak, and my wife has no respect for these men either. Because they'll sit with their control-obsessive girlfriends to watch whatever she wants. My wife actually laughs at them, because this is only the start. Soon they'll decide what you wear, what you do, where you go, whom you befriend.

My wife never complains, because she knows the knife cuts both ways, I could just as easily not fix her PC or just not cook (she can't cook). You men just need to grow up and start being men and not children.

There's a 60+ year old guy who plays EVE. There is hope for us indeed! The stimulation of the mind is paramount for the prevention of Alzheimers and other nerve (brain) diseasess.

P.S.
    As you can see it actually angers me because, the fact that some men are willing to give everything up for some controlling woman, makes us all look weak :(

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Im 35,been playing games since i was about 5 years old,im getting married in July 2010,my fiance(seven years together) knows of my love for video games and does not have any problem whatsoever with it as long as i spend time with her also,there is nothing wrong with playing games mate,ESPECIALLY NOWADAYS as the graphics and sound today are almost like real life compared to say 1984 which consisted of about 8 colours and beeps for sound which were still very addictive and just as fun as the games today,if not more so.

3. Married - will be a year in July, Been gaming forever, and will be gaming until I can divide by zero. I play Sims 3 and WoW, my husband and I sometimes play street fighter IV together, and SSBB on our wii, we both play about 6-10 hours a week or so, depends on what we have to do about 50% of the time we game together, before we were married I'd game about once a year..prob mario kart 64, and yeah...i'd bitch, not alot though, when we just moved in he'd play for about 10-15 hours (I guess he wasn't used to having company lol) and i'd be pisssssseedd!!! but we play together now and he's taught me so much about Pcs and consoles, he made me join this forum to get help on anything I need, now I coach him on a couple things.
    To be honest I thought it was a bit immature, but that was just my excuse, HE JUST PLAYED TOO MUCH! as long as it's done in moderation we're both fine, sometimes from work before we settle in it's a complete diaster in smash bros..
    we swear so loudly our neighbours occasionally think we're fighting...

just let her know what it means to you, try including her in your gaming, sit her down and ask her to play with you, or just talk to her about it, if not it's just the start of many bad things to come lol..

4. Nbz

Nbz Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6850 1000/1150
    Not married and I don't think I ever plan to be, maybe live together, maybe I will, who knows.

A bit more ontopic:
    I have to completely agree with Liranan and add a bit of my own;

If your betterhalf doesn't understand and respect something you love to do and mostly have been doing way before you both meet, then I put my hands in the fire and say you are probably better off breaking up.

Ofcourse we can't take this to the extreme and say "I love gaming therefor I'll do it and ignore everything else" but you certainly understand what I mean.

I guess the keywords are moderation and understanding.

5. thecake90

thecake90 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Is your husband a guru too? ^^?

6. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    40 years old, married 15 years this year with 2 kids, still game almost daily when kids are in bed, family always comes first though.

7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    At first glance, I thought the OP's question was related to playing around with other women! lol. :banana:
    Well put phil, I can relate to that.

I'm not married, but I've been with my girlfriend for nearly 6 years, I'm 23 and gaming is and always will be a part of my life, we've had our fallouts about my somewhat excessive gaming habit, but she's learnt to accept it (or just put up with it.)

We all need our escape from reality every now and again, personally, I'd rather be on a game than reading a book, or popping a pill, etc.

8. I literally Lol'ed at this,

and @ the person who asked if my hubby is a Guru..
    nah he's a noob lol, but if he needs something he asks me to post.
    we built our first pc together a few months ago

9. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100
    What he stated cept im 52. Done responsibly, any hobby is ok tho I don't waste my time gaming online, that's for the kids that pratcise 6hrs. a day 24/7..............I know my limits.

10. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    LMFAO guys i have an absolutely riveting story for you :rolleyes: its about a young hollywood who started *SPAM* this super-nintendo-loving girl who was really quirky and nice. he was like "**** yes" and got her hooked on hl and cs. then they moved in together, and because hollywood "never wanted to go out and do things" when she always tried to interrupt quiet stuff he was doing at home like gaming or reading instead of planning events even two hours ahead of time like a normal person, she decided to start taking everything he did for her for granted, like how he did all of the cooking, cleaning, straightening and chores, bought presents, etc. then after asking nicely x1000, hollywood got pissed and was like "eye for an eye, you jerk" and stopped doing all those nice things. then because of her twisted view of reality, she saw a dirty apartment with a smart guy with a crappy job who loved her and turned it into "im trapped forever with a worthless douche and ill never be happy", so she cheated on him with his best friend because she was so desperate for validation of her crazy bull****. then i think they broke up.

let that be a lesson, gamer girls arent always on the ball...LOL :bang:

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  11. Thats a truly sad story

is it true??

cause if it is..
    then damn

12. dockap

dockap Master Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 470 sli
    37 here,married from last 9 years and i game for 1 to 3 hours a day. now my 4 1/2 year old son has taken over my ps3 and pc so i am forced to sit and watch him play(he is at home cause of summer holidays)
    wife says once school starts shes going to lockup the ps3
    (last week i overheard him asking his grandparents to buy him a pc:eek:)

13. lolol that's funny, when we have kids i think we may have to get a seperate console and tv for everyone..

14. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Good thing is there're nice girls out there.

I forgot to say that my offspring is a gamer too, and I'm proud I've had a good effect on it :D

15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Divorced and still playing games.. beat that.. ****you..

16. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Damn it, I'm 30...not 40! :)

17. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    Tell her shes immature for saying such an immature thing.

please don't take any of that crap from her or anyone, you should be free to enjoy your games and your life any way you like and don't let anyone try to control you, freedom is a precious thing, if you can't find a compromise, pick freedom, you always win.

i'm not married, i don't want a gf, wife, family, kids, i haven't dated a girl in over 5 years and i'm far too happy to be a convinced lone wolf, i found my balance in this world and to hell with the rest.

[​IMG]

18. signas_86

signas_86 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI Watercooled
    thanks guys for your respond..im think shes gonna freaking mad at me if she read this thread..lol

19. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    If a man is more involved with his computer than his responsibilities to his wife, there's a problem.Women are competitive, and won't accept playing second fiddle to a computer any more than playing second fiddle to another woman.

MRS. Palerider is cool about my gaming, but I'm usually on line when she's working, or watching one of her shows.She does soap operas and I slip away to play COD.When it's time for "us", the game ends- but that's my choice, not her forcing me.Besides, marriage is a life long commitment.Yes, you both need a hobby, but she should ALWAYS be number one.