How long have you guys been here?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by T1tan, Mar 10, 2010.

1. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    I was just sitting at work reminiscing and I was messing around in my g3d profile and I saw ive been here since 2004! Then I remembered how before I had lunch i'd hop in the forum and check it out. That was my freshman year of high school!! And I was thinking how much my life has changed, what I've lost.. What I've accomplished and gained!!! Crazy memories I've shared here on the G3D forum and I'm not really an online socializer except for G3D and facebook, so I'm pretty consolidated on the internet I guess.. lol this is what I posted in 2005!!

http://85.12.17.139/showthread.php?t=134721

haha I asked what are newsgroups! now I repair pc's for a living lol! I've basically learned my life trade here on G3D (aside from being a poli sci major then I will try and join the world of politics.. a good one dont worry!) crazy stuff I've learned on here..

so how long have you guys been here? and what if anything have you learned

2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    That really was a noob question! [/kidding] LOL ..Just playing with ya man. :D

Umm, I've been here like a year or so. I know that unregistered reading doesn't count. If it did, I'd have been here for 3.5 years or so.

3. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    i have you beat i have been here since 5/4/04

4. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    I must admit it is quite interesting to stop and reflect on what has changed in life since the first trolling of guru3D years ago.

Unfortunately the main trend for me is going to university and having much less time than ever to game; when I first signed up I would spend hours per day, now it seems to be more a few hours a fortnight :( Harder to justify spending on hardware, even though work means I actually have more money than before!

I'm currently researching management academic journals, great fun.

I actually find the forums pretty good at learning to discuss issues with others over the internet and not getting angry at those who disagree with you!

5. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    +100

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Join Date 03-29-2005
    **** i'v been here half a decade oh ****!

i'm wondering if i taught some here how to curse while they were going up?

7. Seketh

Seketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Bah... 08-17-2001

Not even an Ancient Guru yet. I just like to browse around... and sometimes troll :nerd:

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    join date 01-08-2005. god, over 5 years too!!! but I was browsing the forums a long time before that... since about 2001 I guess...

9. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    July of 2004 apparantly. Though i didnt visit much until the past couple of years.
    The big question is, Why did we come here and join? I don't remember, probably had an issue and crossed this site from google or something.

10. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    Oh my God I have no time to play counter-strike anymore.. That's all I used to do.. Didn't do **** but play cs and talk **** in cs haha! I do miss gaming a lot but its really not what it used to be anymore I guess. Now in my free time I rather do a little drinking and go out or do something stupid and boring like watching movies than game! I guess with age it doesn't really appeal to me as much as it used to, I could care less about my kd ratio now a days..

I've also picked up a little chess though, I've gotten 1,000 times better than when I first started and I'm pretty decent now. We should get a chess tourney going on!

11. itsmikey76

itsmikey76 Guest

GPU:
    Powercolor RX5700xt

12. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Yeah I found I just stopped caring about competitive games, and the games I did play were those which were a bit different such as TF2, where you could just go ahead and play and have fun, not caring about position on a leaderboard.

With a combination of uni work, 'real' work and just living life generally I just don't have time to game. Gaming less has made my life for the better overall but I'm currently at the point where I've gone the other way...too much work and not enough chance to just relax with a game!

13. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Posted: 03-05-2005, 11:17

Not too bad. :)

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Joined in 2004, hard to believe it's been that long...

Joined the year after I graduated High School.

15. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    05-04-2005

Been here a while. Havent been of help lately. Mostly browsing the forums these days. :)

16. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    12-09-2008

^^^^ I'm still a noob.

17. OvR|<|LL

OvR|<|LL Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    08-31-2004 :)

18. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    1/22/2004

My first post was regarding running MOH: Pacific Assault on a Pentium III with an FX5200. XD

19. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    '05. I came here looking to do some research on some parts and I totally found all the answers (and more). I originally had the username 'Drakazar' after my Dark Elf character in Warhammer (NERD ALERT :p) but changed to 'anticitizen013' since that's my email as well as all my other usernames on the internet. If I had a home on the internet, this would be it.

20. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    '06.

I was such a noob. I was looking at buying a new P4 based PC and I wanted to know why the latest CPUs didn't have HT, ie: Core2.

I ended up buying an E6700. :D

Thx G3D.