How long do you guys think ATI 5xxx series can still perform well?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by gamer1291, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+RX580 8GB OC
    If you find it stating to struggle just chuck another one in for Crossfire that's what I did

I can play skyrim at 1920x1080 with everything on highest settings and it runs smooth as silk and with the 12.4's I just tried MLAA 2.0 and wow very nice

2. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    i got 2x 6850s that im not using, mostly because of BF3...they are getting me like 30-50fps(50%gpu usage on both) on high textures the rest on ultra(except mesh). And i got like 60-70 fps on 1 470gtx(90-98%gpu usage) whats up with that? crossfire/sli configs are starting to piss me off seriously....dont go there...

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Yea, I know. I didn't have issues with SLI or CF. I just got tired of the noise and the heat from running two cards. Other then the spacing on my mobo not being far enough. So one card always was running hotter then the others.

4. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    The only problem i have with Xfire is the lack of support when i game comes out and being unable to record gameplay video with fraps or afterburner...

5. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    i decided to go for my secondary pc...from 2 5850's 1gb(900-1250) to 2 7850's 2gb (1050-1450)...i enjoyed every cent of my upgrade...difference is huge in specific games and it's also smoother to tell the truth...2 generations ahead:)