How do I show FPS with Rivaturner in Window Mode?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by XenonS, Dec 27, 2019.

1. XenonS

XenonS Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    Hello,

I'm using Rivaturner 7.2.3 together with MSIAfterburner 6.2.1.
    The statistics of the Onscreen Display don't appear in the left upper angle if I run a particular game in Window Mode (in Fullscreen it's ok). I have set a FPS limiter, and this works, but no statistics shown from MSIAfterburner.
    How do I set MSI / Rivaturner to show statistics in Window Mode if at all possible?

Thanks!

2. XenonS

XenonS Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    My problem was XP compatibility mode that doesn't work, I have changed to Win7 compat mode. Doesn't RivaTurner work in general for games in XP compat mode?

3. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

What actually always works is magic "Search" button. It was discussed and explained a few times in the past. There are different D3D9 swapchain implementations under genuine XP and newer OSes. There are different approaches and codepathes for each OS family. By faking OS version via forcing compatibility mode you're breaking it. And yes, it is by design.

4. XenonS

XenonS Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB

Thanks for your reply. So you are saying the newest RTSS doesn't work by design if I put the app in XP mode. Would an older version of it work fine (still assumed they are downloadable somewhere)?
    I finally have found the Search box, believve it or not, it was not easy...

Thanks,

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Older versions won’t work too of course