1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I google verify?

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Vibe, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I have an old phone I want to use as my bluetooth music player in my car. I need to sign into google to use the playstore. So I type my info and it says it will send a verification to my phone.

So it sends me a verification number...but I don't know what to do with it. my old phone is on the same screen after sending verification. "2-step verification. Verifying your phone automatically via text message. This may take a few minutes"

That's it...there's no place to input my verification code? I don't understand what to do.

2. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    Anyone? Google help just says to enter verification number, no further details given regarding where this screen is to input. It's like there's something missing. but there is no where to enter it. I've resent verification 5 times now. After clicking send, the only other things on the screenhas a link to resend verification and another to sign in another way but it just provides a link back to sending a verification and I have to start over.

3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 ARMOR 4G OC
    go to gmail and enter it... there will be a link

4. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I know, I get a verification number but the phone has no where to input it. Clicking it just brings up the dial pad as if it's a phone number. I gave up though, I ordered an iPod Touch...screw Android. I just need something for music.

Odd this is just such a simple thing, figured it had a simple answer. Apparently everyone else gets a screen to input the number or has never done it before.