How do I get the best from my VR quest 2.

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by vestibule, Jan 2, 2023.

1. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I see there are a few stickies for this forum but obviously things have moved on and so the stickies not so relevant.
    I have just made the move to the quest 2 and I am wondering how to get the best out of it.
    I have been doing a little research but most of the stuff on the net is false.
    One thing I do not understand is slow downs. When you think all the PC has to do is generate 2 images and put them into the oculus then why the slow down. When gaming on my pc same games there is no slow down.
    Great credit to hell blade and senuas sacrifice. Astonishing VR experience and well optimised for the task.
    So, whats the rub?
    Ty lads. :)

2. TimmyP

TimmyP Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    "all the PC has to do is generate 2 images "

2 separate renders, from very slightly different angles, like how our real eyes work. PC is almost doing 2x the work.

3. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
  4. vestibule

vestibule Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    I am getting into this now.
    What I dont understand is how I feel so attached to these fake worlds, like in the matrix move. If you die in the matrix you die in the real world.
    I have just had a car crash in dirt 2 and I got the same sort of physical sensation as being punched on the nose albeit mild but it was there. I had to exit the game!
    I guess these could be called Ghost sensations?
    Its very weird indeed.

5. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    No to mention, at a higher frame rate as well than normal gaming, and some effects don't translate well on a technical level (those that function as a 2d overlay) and need to be done in 3D.

TimmyP likes this.