1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get rid of ATI HDMI Audio devices / drivers??

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by anthonyl, Jul 1, 2011.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    OK have found out that ATI's HDMI drivers are causing problems with my other sound devices and I am unable to delete them.

Here is what I have tried so far:

Uninstalled ATI drivers using the "lengthy" process of uninstalling them ...running driver sweeper..running registry cleaner etc etc to get rid of ALL ATI traces....

So I have a clean install with no ATI in sight.

When I install the ATI drivers I UNTICK the box that says HDMI drivers (so it should not install them)...install drivers..re-boot...TADAAAA HDMI AUDIO DRIVERS ARE INSTALLED!!!!

I have tried to uninstall them in device manager....disable them in device manager yet when I re-boot...TADAAAA there they are again!!

Surely there must be a way to get rid of them?

2. Xmister

Xmister Member

GPU:
    7950 PCS+ @ 1100/1375MHz
    Delete in device manager and tick to remove the driver, run a hardware scan. Repeat the process until they are gone.

3. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Tried that..upon re-booting ...they are back again.

I have also deleted anything to do with Realtek (in registry as well)..AND I have disabled on board sound in the BIOS.

Just tried it all again....re-booted..TADAAA they are back again!!

I guess the one thing that pisses me off the most is that I 100% unticked the box during the ATI driver install saying I dont want the HDMI audio drivers installed...yet it installs them anyways!!

And I dont have any other sound devices plugged in at all!!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  4. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I never install the AMD HDMI audio drivers or even the Nvidia Audio drivers if I have onboard audio or another sound card installed. With the drivers installed, it causes IRQ conflicts with other devices. The Nvidia HDMI audio device can be disabled in device manager but I cannot disable AMD's. It is annoying to see it but it is disabled and will not crash your system. Just live with it for now.

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte Fe 1080TI +WB
    Why dont you right click on the HDMI service in device manager and DISABLE. that way the system is not using it.

6. Valken

Valken Maha Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Because your VIDEO is still going through HDMI so you should not disable all HDMI services. It is just HDMI audio we want to disable.

7. alphaproxima

alphaproxima Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    what he said...
    uninstall then disable, reboot

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    ATI's setup.exe does have a custom uninstall feature

As noted above if you find the install directory for your drivers you can click on setup.exe:
    -You are greeted with the welcome screen. Click next to continue
    -Next is the Select Installation Operation. You want to uninstall
    -Next, you see the Uninstall screen. Now you want to select Custom
    -Now you want to select which the feature(s) you want uninstalled.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  9. Neogenic

Neogenic New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5750 512Mb
    You can disable them by editing two registry keys.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HDAudBus\Start=4

This value disables the High Definition Audio Controller in the device manager > system devices, it needs to be disabled.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\HdAudAddService\Start=4

This value disables the High Definition Audio Device/ATI HDMI Audio Device. You don't have to uninstall the devices first and this will also free up an IRQ. After a reboot the devices will show a yellow exclamation point but you can ignore that.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  10. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080
    Thank you ..I will do that!!!

11. Diablow

Diablow Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 6970 pcs+
    Im always disabling "amd high definition audio device" in device manager once I upgraded to a newer driver.Im fine with that method too right ?

12. Neogenic

Neogenic New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5750 512Mb
    If you're fine with that, it's fine with me of course. My method also disables the 'High Definition Audio Controller' it's up to you if you need it or not.

13. Diablow

Diablow Member

GPU:
    Powercolor 6970 pcs+
    I always prefer non registry methods if they have the same results although your method surely wont create any bugs im sure ^^.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Tried not downloading the full driver package, and just downloading the gfx driver, and the CCC on their own from the Individual Downloads section.