how do i get picture on my tv?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by ryano, Jun 3, 2006.

1. ryano

ryano Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    i've got a videomate dvb-t300 and nvidia 7600gt with dual dvi outputs.

i also have a dvi cable connected to my 42" plasma... how do i actually get picture up there ?

2. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    turn your tv on and goto DVI as the source on your tv you know like if you have sky youd put your tv channel onto say AV1 if you have it connected to scart 1, so flick through till you find a pic or find a DVI channel.

3. ryano

ryano Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 FTW
    yep. done that. it says no signal?

maybe i have the wrong type of cable?

do i need to change the resolution first?

using svideo cable i can go into nvidia settings and do a clone view. but with dvi to tv i cant.

my dvi cable doesn't have the 4 pins around the splade thing... is that a problem?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006
  4. SniperDaws

SniperDaws Banned

GPU:
    XFX7600GTXXX Zalman Vf900
    Hmmmm no cos i would pressume that your telly would be DVI-D same as your 7600GT, i have mine hooked up to my HDTV and it gets a signal straight away without having to mess with any settings on the card, have you got another DVI lead to try?

Other than that mate ill be no help at all, sorry, but no doubt somone will help you.

Actually i just had a thought disconect your monitor from the back of the 7600GT and just have the TV connected if you get a signal then it might just be a setting you need to adjust to get a signal for both DVI 1 and DVI 2, oh and please Dont use S-video as its awful, but if you cant get a pic with DVI use component if you have em on the back of your TV, you should of got a Component lead with your XFX 7600GT.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2006

5. Toji

Toji Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT 256MB
    if also got you PC hooked to a PC monitor as well as you rHDTV, which I assume you do.

You have to enable Nview. By default, your PC is set for single display.

right click desktop, left click setting tab, left click advanced, left click 7600 GT tab, left click nview. Change single display to dual display. Clone outputs the same signal to both displays. Extended desktop, extends the desktop to the second display.

If your not doing dual output, try both DVI outs on video card and make sure that DVI interface is selected on TV.

If all else fails, you always can have some one do it for you.