How do I do this with X1950XT and Vista...

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Generic Discussion' started by GoDi, Mar 26, 2007.

1. GoDi

GoDi New Member

Ok, so I am using 7.3 beta driver, and now finally clocks can change from 2d > 3d without blue screens... But I am not using CCC, only ATT, and now when I enter 3D software the clocks change properly, but when I exit 3D, the 3D clocks still stand... So how can I, without CCC, and without manually loading profiles, get 2D clocks back when exiting 3D?
    Oh yeah one other question, I noticed from system information that there is some sort of "full screen only 3d" setting... Does this imply I don't get 3D clocks if im not running full screen 3d software, if so, where can I change that?

GoDi

2. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    How you set Overclocking settings in ATT? If yoiu use OverDrive functionality, switching 2d/3d clocks will be done by Catalyst and if this doesn't happened this is not ATT fault but Catalyst. Overdrive will work only in fullscreen games and applications

3. Ridill

Ridill Member

i have my overdrive 3 settings in ATT currently set to 650/850 (625/800 are default 3d clocks)

i have two samsung 19" LCD widescreen monitors, and when I load a game up, i'll have my CCC overdrive screen opened on my secondary monitor while the game is running on the primary monitor

before i installed ATT, you could actually see the clock speeds change on the CCC overdrive screen once the 3D application started, but now after adjusting the overdrive clocks with ATT, the CCC overdrive screen says that "overdrive's clocks failed to initialize" when i launch a 3d app

any idea why it says this?

4. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I think you choose to kill ATIHotKey Poller in ATT

5. Ridill

Ridill Member

Hotkey poller is enabled

I select "No" on every system restart (as I have the "always apply" checkbox unchecked, so the option appears on every restart)

6. terrastrife

terrastrife Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT OC / GA GTX280
    have you tried with only one monitor enabled? may not be related but i find 3D clocks dont change for the 2nd dvi output for me.