How come Nvidia doesn't release these drivers anymore

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by The General, Apr 16, 2013.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    Doesnt sound like AA is working at all tbh

2. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    aa is working, if it didn't the frame rate wouldn't drop from a certain %. Thing is FXAA doesn't affect performance that much, also 32xcsaa is on enhance, not overide lol.
    also read this:
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-301.42-whql-drivers-released
    The 301.42 drivers are very very nice lol fixes all my problems in my games. Need for speed is a CPU issue, because other people i have been reading had the same issue in windows7 only, only fix is upgrading the cpu.(from what i gather )

3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    well if its working you wont mind posting screenshots of vram usage of 8xsuper sample, enhanced 32xcsaa ON and OFF?

4. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Going to sleep right now.
    been up for more than 24 hours :(
    and by the way adding 8x super sample doesn't seem to affect performance one bit, adding fxaa seems to drop the frame rate down 5%, and adding 32xcsaa seems to also drop the frame rate down about 5%-8%. Only the 301.42 drivers which i have tested has this effect. Any other driver and its impossible for me to play any game lol

anways i will do a video once i wake up.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    video wont do, make some screenshots with vram usage :)

have a nice rest!

6. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    :stewpid:

7. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

His GPU has a lot more horsepower to spare at 1080p than yours. The 550Ti is basically a GTS 450->GTS 250->9800GTX+ (you get the idea). I wouldn't be surprised if the GTX 460 would be packing at least twice as much performance as the 550Ti.

8. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    what do you mean vram usage?
    there's no option for that in evga precision, also you mean any game?
    just go into the game and take a photo?
    what game?
    if you're talking about nfs, i only get 30 frames all the time with my computer, i recently put together a benchmark of sleeping dogs?

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    It doesn't work then.
    Can you monitor your cards memory change and see how much of it that is used with max settings (where nfshp2 becomes unplayable)?
    Cuda-Z can monitor it as far as I know, but there is no logging option like in RivaTuner :/
    Not sure if there is any easy to use wmi query tool available for it....

10. JJayzX

JJayzX Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga RTX2070XCUltra
    Precision can monitor vram usage, I have it on with everything else when I want to see what's going on. If your not getting a performance hit using any SSAA, then it is simply not on.

11. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Here's a sleeping dogs benchmark i did at 1600x900 normal aa, max v-sync on and off, NCP HQ 32xcsaa, 8x super sample, fxaa enable. Game runs like butter :)
    You guys act like i have 32xcsaa at overide lol, its on enhanced, and yes the frame rate may drop a bit, but not too much. maybe 2-3 fps. :)

Sleeping Dogs Benchmark
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ5MKBzf4lU
    (VIDEO will be HD in a min)

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    enhance doesnt do anything even if you enhanced to 64xAA

You are using only FXAA and TrAA 8x.

Try ingame AA at max aka 4xSSAA and say that again ;P

EDIT: more on topic, i miss those cpu tweaks too, but most of the time they only adjust it, the code is active but it can vary to driver branch a lot. One r290 had huge cpu usage, the next r300, then r310 and now 314.xx to a little.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  13. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Sleeping dogs i don't turn on AA, and i don't think too many people do. As for other games, not a problem at all.

Well yea those older drivers are nice, but the 301.42 blows them out the water.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    SleeepingDogs Normal ingame AA is just simple FXAA and enhancing postAA with normal AA doesnt have any affect at all.

What im saying there is those used abnormal cpu usage which wasnt good at all. Yeah 301.42 were kinda ok, but imo r304 branch is better. Latest Quadro 307 is the newest from r304 branch, next good is r305 Dev OpenGL 305.67?, 306.97 is r306 which is also ok.

r313 is buggy imo, just like newest r319.

15. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    If you set aa to extreme in sleeping dogs the peformance drops about 50%. You're saying it doesn't affect performance?
    Maybe for you, but not for me. Edit, your rig is a beast , no wonder

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Yes at at high or extreme its using SuperSampling AA and yes it makes a big impact by me too, high not so much but extreme is a bit too much.

What i said before was if you use ingame AA at normal it wont make any effect enhancing that, even if you use high or extreme either, becuase its a different type of AA rendering compared to that in nvcpl. :)

17. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    You're saying all i need is games is to use FXAA and in game aa and thats it?
    if so, maybe so, but i like to put everything on the highest settings possible, just a personal thing i guess lol

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well specifically for Sleeping dogs, you're already using ingame FXAA (ingame AA at normal), forcing driver FXAA on top of it wont make any real difference, well just a little.

I would opt for one or the other.

I try to raise as high too, but most of the time i back down, because i cant stand lower fps :D

One example was DS1, forced AO - quality and TrAA - 4xss and 4xaa was to much so i used FXAA and TrAA 2x in the end and still i had to OC gpu a bit to keep 60fps vsynced all the time, forced AO is a killer

19. Infanticide

Infanticide Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R7 260X 2GB
    @The General - the reason there is so much difference in performance between WinXP and Win7 may be the sound (hardware on XP vs software on w7). If you have some old Audigy (even SE) in your basement, you may want to try it. Some games runs worse on onboard sound chips even if your CPU is quite powerful (first Most Wanted or CodeM... F1 games - for example).