How can modern smokers still be so defensive about their habit?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrH2

MrH2 Banned

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @ 775/1125
    I thought smoking was relaxing, you don't seem very relaxed.

2. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    that is the way that I post and always have..........................

and yes, this has been discussed before..........

and if you counted all those periods...................OMG

55 on this post by the way.........................oh damn forgot those<<<<<

3. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Never once said it was a treatment, or that it wasn't bad for you in the long run, OR that it was a good idea. I haven't dressed a damn thing up, just blew your original point outta the water by pointing out that it does have some benefits. Get over it.

I think your reading comprehension need a little overclocking.

4. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Oh and by the way...................................................

You do realize that was a useless TROLL response and didn't contribute to this conversation other than to make you look like an a$$............:stewpid:

5. wubbles

wubbles Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    A literate ass.

6. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    When I hear non smokers complain from passing contact,I associate the complaint with the cigarette smelling bad.
    I know the danger of second hand smoke,but nobody will ever convince me walking past a smoker is going to give you cancer.That's alarmist, and extreme.
    Now if I had you in my car, and lit a smoke, I could understand your fear.Picture one cheeseburger giving you a heart attack, one beer giving you Cirrhosis , or one dental x-ray giving you radiation poisoning.It aint gonna happen.
    Cigarette smoke has fallen victim to a political crusade-and rightly so.it is bad, but people need to get a grip.You're in full out panic mode now.
    Like I said before, I'm a courteous smoker, because I know it stinks to non smokers, but no dude; I'm not going to give you cancer if you walk past my designated smoking area.

7. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Hooray!!! Common sense, intelligence, and reason. Kudos to you dude! I mean this "for real" and not in a sarcastic way at all. Too many of the other responses have been great fuel to foster my internal LOLz. Wow. :D

8. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    I don't smoke. Learn how to read the only thing I smoke is ganja and I sure as **** do not smoke it in public.

Just look at your open aggressiveness against smokers, its disgusting your worse then the waffen SS. I swear you anti-smokers crowd are worse then the nazis when it comes to your fanaticalness .

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  9. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

10. smnoamls

smnoamls Maha Guru

GPU:
    6950 2gb Dirt3 @6970 bios
    I apologize in advance for not reading back the 9 pages, but I want to share my 2 cents about smoking.
    I started at 18 when I joined the army, specifically bootcamp.
    Back at barracks joining smokers was a mental anchor and was just a social thing.
    After that it was a VERY powerful physical addiction.
    stopped when I got married, only smoked heavily during the army itself.
    For a non smoker to understand a smoker is VERY hard , but once you know the power of niccotin , u completely understand them.
    Yes, smokers do put their health at risk, but all in all its their choice. As long as they dont force my kids to smoke and dont smoke in my kitchen, then live and let live. If they do live.

11. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+

'Cause being against smoking is totally worse than brutally killing millions of people, performing forced castration on the physically/mentally disabled, starving POW's to death, working people to death in camps, doing tests on twins, raping/pillaging/murdering ~20 million people in Russia.

Being against smoking is definitely worse than killing civilians with V2 rockets, killing anyone who would dare try to leave Germany, sinking merchant ships with submarines, etc. etc. etc. etc.

No, you're right. It is.

12. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh dear

[​IMG]

13. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Great.... Are you for reals you cant connect the moral bs fed in the 30s is the same moral bs being fed here?

Implies smokers should be punished just like the Jews where in the inter war years, guess who liked to do the above? The Nazis, they didn't start off with the killing, they started off by eating away slowly at all the rights they had.

Another tool used by the ***** machine, natural predisposition. Smokers are a naturally failed sub group of humanity, they are 'weak minded' have 'inferior genetics'... **** man I could take these ramblings straight of Himmler.

Guess who thought the same way about 'different' people?

So smokers should be wished out of existence?

These are just some examples in this thread. Like these people, millions world wide are brainwashed to hate smokers all in the interest of 'public health'.

The point of my post is that yes we have anti smoking nazis, irrational, delusional and racist. Not all Nazis killed people, most Nazis voted the other Nazis which killed people. Since killing and raping has fallen out of fashion modern day extremists use legal tools such as suffocating laws and derogatory terms.

So please man get the relevant reference here theres no need to have V2s, bombs and rockets to be an extremist or use ***** type propaganda and logic. The post above was an obvious exaggeration to make a point.

Smokers should be allowed to smoke within reasonable limits what we have here is hysterical bs.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    This needs to be closed! There's just too much crap in this thread. Smoking kills, yes, but if you don't like it, do one! No one is forcing you to stay in a smoking area...

15. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    @John- Except no one in this thread is going to kill you if you smoke. It's pretty obvious that no one here is in the same universe of badness as a *****. Let's have some perspective on the situation.

Would the *****'s have gone down in history if all they did was tell you that being a Jew was a bad thing?

16. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    If you read the whole article

17. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    sweet jesus man.

What do you call a german person who lived in the era 1930-1945 which didnt like jews and didn't kill them?

A flipping *****

18. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Please lets keep to the original topic & not let this interesting discourse
    fall down the hole of "Who can explain the semantics of an allegory better"

I'm finding this thread quite entertaining to be honest. Lets not allow it to be
    crushed because some are getting too personal.

Thanks guys for all your views. :) :thumbup:

PS- :toke:

19. Rebel975

Rebel975 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    We're arguing semantics I think. I really don't think anyone here has said anything that would make them equal with a *****, but I will agree that some pretty crazy things have been said. IE. smokers having inferior genes. The theory of genetic inferiority is so last century.

20. stut85

stut85 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 1GB
    First I did not take what you typed out of context(your last quote was clearly missing what I was responding to), second I cited the source to do with third hand smoke regarding ongoing studies about third hand smoke and it's potential effects from Carcinogens reacting with gases in the air that produce even more unsafe carcinogens.

I'm not going to waste any more of The Guru 3D's server storage by going tit- for tat with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.