1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I see FrameTime like in the Video ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by X7007, Sep 20, 2016.

1. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    What program did he use and can we use it like this ? or our only way is to use Fraps with the benchmark and look at it with FrafsBenchViewerp or MsiAfterBurner and look at the graph ?

Because enabling FrameTime in the OSD graph doesn't show anything about it.

https://youtu.be/ZMVW9weEUh0

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    What they are doing is a video overlay in post production with the numbers extrapolated from their frame counting methods.

You could get the same thing or very similar for example, if Afterburner and RTSS allowed you to display a graph in real time overlaid onto the screen and you had the polling rate set low enough. (IE 16/17ms or 33ms) I don't know if the current versions of AB allow you to set it below 100 anymore. That would just get you the highest peak value in that polling period IIRC from what Unwinder told me.

If you play a game for a period of time, you can look at the history of the graph as well.

In the OSD currently it just displays the actual frame times as numbers, which is just as useful. With a low enough polling rate you would still be getting a good picture of frame pacing stability. If you are locked to 60FPS the numbers shouldn't be fluctuating +-a few %. Ideally it doesn't peak over 17ms.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  3. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    So one way is using Fraps and then look on the log after ?
    other way is using AfterBurner and use the log for FrameTime ?

4. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    I personally use presentmon, since it works really well in DX12 and Vulkan. I then modify the resulting .CSV to fit the format of the framefilelog from Battlefield 4. That way I can put it to use in programs like FLA calculator, FTA, or BenchStudio. That way I can have nice graphs like this:
    [​IMG]

I am thinking about using something like Livegraph which will allow you to graph a csv as it is being populated, and then overlay that in real time with the gameplay.

Haven't had time to mess with it though, but I bet it would work.

Or just like they said above, go into Afterburner set the monitoring to allow frametimes. detach the graph. Then in OBS set a source to the graph and set the background for color key. Then you can just make that the top layer and make the game the bottom layer in your video.Took like two minute to setup, but you could make it look much nicer if you took the time:

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016

5. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Don´t lose your breath over it, as far as I know it´s one of those useless data numbers (like osd memory "usage"), unless you get it through proper equipment and software.

6. TheRyuu

TheRyuu Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    PresentMon[1] is what you're looking for (it's free and open source).

Supports DX10+ and Vulkan. It'll spit out a csv file which you can then analyze with whatever tools you want (some are listed in the9quad's post).

[1] https://github.com/GameTechDev/PresentMon

7. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Thank you guys,

It just for testing and see what settings could and can affect it.

8. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    How do I use PresetMon ?

Ha I found presentmon64 -Captureall

But I don't have any Fps Overlay, can I still use other program with this program ? Fraps and MsiAfterBurner ?

FTS only support 3 Games ?

http://www.bytemedev.com/tag/frame-time-analyzer/

Because running it I only have 3 game choices and no insert CSV file or anything

Can I use Presetmon with FRAFS Bench Viewer ?

How do I use the FLACalculator ?

How do I run Live Graph , there is no exe or anything ,

EDIT : ha we need java ....

EDIT : No bloody idea how to use Live Graph

EDIT: I've managed to work and see FPS Overlay Dxtory + PresentMon in Quantum Break but it only shows FPS while I'm in MainMenu or Pause Menu .. not while in the gamine playing ... when I do play it disappears.
    EDIT : Lol,,Quantum Break while playing the game and not pause does show FPS only if VSYNC in game is enabled or Lock to 30 FPS

EDIT : how do I edit the CSV file to support the game I'm using ? in all the programs

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  9. mirh

mirh Active Member

GPU:
    MSI HD 7750 1GB
    Just for the records, this is how Digital Foundry makes their videos.