How can I overclock my card more?

Discussion in 'nVHardPage' started by Bubbaganoosh, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Bubbaganoosh

Bubbaganoosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nVidia 7600GT 512MB
    i currently have my card at 275/250 (i think not sure ill check it when i get home from my friends)

with that it gives about a decent 4800+ in 3dmark2001se which i am proud of but id like to overclock it more and be able to break 5k which i have done in the past i got 5014marks i think pr around there so im asking yous gurus to help me

2. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    goto the nvidia´s driver overclocking tab and there you can oc more (with my card I can goto this:)
    550 mhz core max
    690 mhz memory max

but my card can do:
    400 mhz core max
    570 mhz memory max (would last 1 minute in 3dmark 2001, 540 is stable)

For benchies I put it to 330/540 it´s stable (stock cooling, incredible isnt it, from 274/286) I´ve almost doubled the memory´s clock!!!!

For normal gaming, I use it at stock speeds. For some heavier games like cs:s i put it to 315/450.

look:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  3. Holton0289

Holton0289 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce4 440
    What would be the highest setting or nVidia GeForce4 440 go64??? I want to overclock but i dont know what it can take. It prob isnt that good of a card but this is a notebook so i cant just o out and buy another one.

WinXP SP2 Home
    AMD Athlon64 3200+
    768 MB ram

4. Zedo_M

Zedo_M Member

GPU:
    gigabayt HD5770 1gb ddr5
    does anybody knows maximal stabel worcking of pixelview 6600 agp with standard coling

5. eatmyshorts

eatmyshorts Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI Radeon X1950Pro
    I don't undrestand what graphic card are u talking about: Radeon 9700pro or some nVidia?:eek:

6. eatmyshorts

eatmyshorts Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte ATI Radeon X1950Pro
    Nobody can tell u what is oc maximum for some gpu, ram or cpu. It depends on specific cpu, ram or gpu. Default clock for 6600 is 300/550, but u must know what kind of memory u have on your video card. Also u must tell us what kind of cooling system u have on video memory, and gpu;)

7. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    Theres no way anyone can tell you what your maximum overclocks will be, for any card.

YOu have to experiement and see what the most stable clock is. Just try raising the mhz of you core and memory a few at a time and then run a bench or play a game for a while. WHen you see artifacts or experience crashes then back off back to your last stable clock speeds. Then you've found your maximum clock.

Theres no quick way of doing it coz every card is different and everyones cards run at different temps due the card cooling, case cooling and ambient temps