How can I lock my R9 390 memory frequency?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by michaelabeltre, Apr 19, 2020.

1. michaelabeltre

michaelabeltre New Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Hello everyone

I have a r9 390 that is driving me nuts for some reason the memory frequency is so unstable that when I'm not doing anything that is graphically intensive I get a black screen, I found a really cool tool called "clockblocker" and it allows me to force my memory frequency to be always at Max the downside is that it only works with old amd drivers, and some games like cod warzone and monster hunter world are forcing me to update, is there any other app that I can use to look my memory clock frequency? Or does anyone knows how can I modify my vbios to the point that I can change the idle state of my gpu memory frequency?

Thanks.

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This is one of the better threads, best make a cup of tea before you start :)
    https://www.overclock.net/forum/67-amd/1561372-hawaii-bios-editing-290-290x-295x2-390-390x.html

You may want to consider raising the ram voltage a little at lower frequency (if its that granular) or a general slight raise.

I had the same problem with a 290x, memory was unstable at idle clocks.
    I blew a modded 390x bios to it that stopped it going into the lowest power state.
    This stopped the crashes.
    Perhaps worth considering a method of preventing it going into the lowest power state.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    hd 6870
    you should beable to force a memory state in wattman, by right clicking on it