How can I enable Vsync on vista??

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hatori_Hanzo, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Hatori_Hanzo

Hatori_Hanzo Member

GPU:
    Connect3D HD4870 512mb
    I use 100.65 driver...

help please...

2. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Well, quoted from here:

3. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    so u are saying that vista does not use Vsync on when playing DX games but u have to force it if u want vsync.

that no problem for me because when i go to vista i will not need vsync because i am going to see what the 8800 gts can really do.

4. flatfrogger

flatfrogger Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    i'd say its as good as, very large majority of games i try on vista, battlefield 2142, halflife 2, etc even with the vsync options enabled they just ignore it which means i get tearing all over which is a pain and too much of it is pretty much the only thing on a pc which gives me a headache.

only game which doesn't give me tearing is supreme commander, but that runs slower than roadkill, i haven't switched back to my vista install for about a week and half now, between the audio crackles when something loads and dodgy drivers for other devices i'm as good as done with it, none of the problems show in xp so it looks like that's where i'm staying, even logitech cant get their act together for vista

5. jrcallan

jrcallan Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8600gts
    I agree completely. I'm using 100.65 with a 7900gt CO SC and I get tearing in COD2, FarCry, Quake4 even with vsync enabled in-game. I hate that. Other wise they run fine, but the tearing cheapens the look, even at high detail and 1680x1050 resolution.

6. Dragonsbane

Dragonsbane Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080 Black
    You will have tearing even using 2x GF8800GTX cause its not related with your video-card performance. I have a widescreen LCD monitor and tearing is pretty common if i dont play with vsync enabled.

7. SABB69

SABB69 Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS @650-1000
    look can you people read ,IT SAYS YOU CANT DISABLE IT,SO FOR YOU PEOPLE THAT CANT READ V-SYNC IS ON ALL THE TIME UNLESS GAME OPTION CAN TURN IT OFF.that simple.

8. flatfrogger

flatfrogger Member

GPU:
    Nvidia
    well sabb since YOU cant read, let me rephrase our problem to you, WE STILL GET TEARING AND OBVIOUSLY VSYNC IS NOT ON

9. turbotoes

turbotoes New Member

GPU:
    GTS 260
    Sabb has got a point in that the wording does suggest that v-sync is enabled by default and can not be disabled by the driver. However Flatfrogger is certainly right when he states that we still get horrible tearing which means v-sync can not be enabled!!
    where that leaves us is plain confused I guess!!

10. .borbs

.borbs Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB 700/1730/1000
    Vsync is definitly not on. I play a lot of PES6 and when vsync is off theres an horrible line crossing the screen.
    I enable vsync in the control pannel but the line is still there!