How Are They Going To Do it?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by cartdog, Dec 16, 2009.

1. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    a ya we all know that I hope. Thats why we have beno for people!!

2. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Rotting vegetation, landfills, well and bikers too.

3. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Canada has the highest carbon emission per person if I'm not mistaking, GO CANADA GO ! Vancouver 2010!!!

4. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Methane = Natural Gas = naturally occurring (wells are drilled for it) = the problem lies within governmental institutions that say it is a big problem.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009

5. bigpipe

bigpipe Watson Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 1080
    My attemp at internet humor is a fail.
    People/goverments/special interest have just gone cracy about this whole global warming thing. This is what some scientist are now doing with tax dollars.
    Maybe this will help.
    [​IMG]

Experts said the slow digestive system of cows makes them a key producer of methane, a potent greenhouse gas that gets far less public attention than carbon dioxide.
    In a bid to understand the impact of the wind produced by cows on global warming, scientists collected gas from their stomachs in plastic tanks attached to their backs.

6. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    I feel the same way, and the fact that no one lets anything climate related be debated is just sickening. As soon as you want to take a skeptical look at climate change you are branded as an ignorant dolt and not allowed to voice any sort of opinion.

If its such a big deal, Al Gore and his cronies should start setting an example and stop their ridiculous private jets and carbon laden extravagances.

7. Laykun

Laykun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hey come on people. don't you want to see that dystopian future we're all been waiting for?

8. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Cars are definitely not insignificant. There are more than 60000000 of the damn things driving around. However, this is irrelevant. Climate change/global warming is a giant farce/joke. It's not even a quarter of the problem that these so called "experts" have made it out to be.

9. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    Firstly, thank you everyone for providing us with a even and well executed discussion. Im glad personally that it didnt end up flaming, all of your comments where great and some funny (bigpipe).

The recent summit in denmark has not only proved that world governments have absalutly no idea of the word "agreement" but they also have demonstrated they dont care 1 iota about the climate or humanity.

I found your comments (heliman) moving. Its good to have someone whos seen it all and been there give us there viewpoints. I agree with you wholeheartdly, man cannot and is incapabe of saving themselfs.

I guess this is a lesson for all of us, and has given me even more resolve in terms of mans failings. Once again, thank you for your comments and wish you all a happy and safe holiday season with your family and freinds.

Signing out. cartz

10. Ronin

Ronin Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX560 Superclocked
    I am undecided about just how much human activity is influencing climate change - I am open to debate about it and am pretty certain that there is an influence, but the planet has been going through warm / cool cycles for all of recorded history and evidence (ice cores etc) supports it pre-historically.

I think all the effort and debate going on right now is missing the far more pressing issue of population growth. As has already been mentioned in this thread the plaet's population has been rocketing since the inductrial revolution and the single biggest problem is going to be water supply followed by food supply (the two are intrinsically linked of course).

In my lifetime the world population has doubled. Unless something is done globally to address this trend the next generation will be in real trouble.

[​IMG]

I really don't understand why people are scared of the concept of population control - let's face it we are controlled in pretty much every other aspects of our lives by governments or by social contraints etc. It's time to grasp the issue. If every family were to have just one chile for a few generations we could be facing a much brighter future as a species. Personally I would have thought is better to have less people enjoying a better standard of living than everyone having to battle their whole lives for space and essential commodities.

Some might say that nature will find a way to address the population levels - war - pestilence - disease etc. Seems a pity to let is get to that rather than voluntarily deal with the situation now.

11. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6950 Unlocked 900/1250
    I see what you did thar

12. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    we are running out of space, end of!
    we are not running out of resources just yet, do any of you know how much oil is left under alaska let alone around the world.
    Its just all aload of blatant crap to tax more!!
    All this talk about global warming and climate change is true, but its blown far out of proporation with regards to how much we effect it.

As already pointed out, if you stop excessive deforestation and marine damage/excessive fishing, this will help us far more, than cutting down the usage of products that cause levels of CO2.

Like i already said, they are only interested as its another reason to tax us, why dont they simply ban fishing etc in endangered areas or spend huge amounts of money planting trees etc to decrease the emmisions effct?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Yes, I agree. It will end up being another bargaining tool; easily sold and bought just like shares, but, for governments exclusively.

14. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    First global cooling, another ice age... Turns out they were wrong. doh!

Then global warming... Turns out they were wrong. doh!

Now it's climate change... Um yeah, the climate changes. Loads of evidence shows that it changes. We have ice ages, hot periods, wet periods. Winter, summer, spring, fall. Yup, it changes...

Are humans causing it? Possibly... But I've been around long enough to know you can't believe these newer global cooling, I mean global warming, I mean climate change nuts.

In the end the earth and nature will do what it's been doing for billions of years... It will live on and thrive. If you buy into all the bs, that's your right. But I personally think your pretty niave if you think there isn't a larger agenda at work with all this man caused global warming, I mean climate change.

15. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    GUYS WAKE UP, THE END OF WORLD IS 2012 DUE TO THIS!!!!! :stewpid:

Hahaha enough :nerd:

16. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    Completely agree. Although some people believe we need jumbo size ovens to deal with the issue I think prevention is the best course of action.

17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    So two weeks, god knows how many millions of dollars and a massive increase in carbon from each and every private jet flying limo driven dignitary and what do we get, bugger all. What a total and utter waste of time.

18. sounar

sounar Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI SC
    People wake up, seriously..there is no such thing as global warming phenomenon, the media has brain washed the mass public it seems to no end..It is just the government trying to reinforce the World Carbon Tax act for pretty much everything you purchase to eventually to the vital air you breath momentarily all in the name of "saving the Planet"...its not even about money for them, they already have all the money they can contain. It simply comes down to who holds to most "power". This is why they are now blaming global warming on over-population, heck if the government can tell you how many babies your only able to have..anything else is really a piece of cake to control. It is literally the biggest hoax and danger for the freedom of rights to Humanity to happen since, well ever.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  19. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    I vote Biodiesel