How am I supposed to download Intel chipset drivers?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by Pandemicc, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Pandemicc

Pandemicc New Member

GPU:
    rx 570 nitro
    I've been using AMD hardware and to download its chipset drivers I simply go to AMD's driver page then choose the chipset model and download it, simple. On Intel, however, I cannot find it anywhere. I want to download x99, b560, b660, z390 etc. chipset drivers but I simply cannot find an official and simple download page on Intel's site.

Can you guys guide me on this? Lastly, is Intel Management Engine driver necessary? if yes, can you people give me a link to find those as well?

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Intel doesn't have "chipset drivers", it has an inf (name only) package that changes the device names while using the windows built in drivers (Intel is the basis of the Microsoft "Standard" platform)

Drivers relevant to your mainboard for MEI can be found on the intel updater utility, the mainboards website, or station drivers.

t0bimaru likes this.
  3. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  4. Pandemicc

Pandemicc New Member

GPU:
    rx 570 nitro
    I'm looking for an offline solution so no updater utility, a solution just like AMD's drivers. Drivers in certain motherboard's sites are not up to date.

5. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
  6. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    your motherboard's download sections
    install them once and forget it, this is not amd where you have to update them constantly.

7. Pandemicc

Pandemicc New Member

GPU:
    rx 570 nitro
  8. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I don't think you really need them for intel.Let windows 10/11 download it for you and move on.

Witcher29 likes this.