House of Cars

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Extraordinary, May 13, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Is Netflix seriously going to revive 'Top Gear' as 'House of Cars?'

[​IMG]

Ever since Jeremy Clarkson punched a producer in a row over steak, the future of Top Gear has been completely up in the air. The BBC appears to have distanced itself completely, leaving Clarkson and his co-presenters James May and Richard Hammond to speak to other broadcasters about creating a brand new motoring show. Over the past few weeks, it's been suggested that streaming giant Netflix is the favourite to pick up the trio, and today The Mirror has added more fuel to the fire after it reported that the new show already has a name: House of Cars.

Source:
    http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/13/netflix-top-gear-house-of-cars/

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Thought the guys were in discussion with ITV. I love Top gear but have no intention of subscribing to Netflix to see it continued.

Oh and House Of Cars is a rubbish name, given the immature humour I would suggest that the new show be called 'Big End'.

3. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070
    lol

wow

4. Hootmon

Hootmon Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX THICC III Ultra
    How about 'Junk in the Trunk'?

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Will still be better than the new US version. That show is terrible.

6. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I was talking about this over a drink the other night, I think it would be good, I saw the interview with James May saying how they are a team and it wouldn't work with a replacement for Jeremy and I agree, I think they do have a certain chemistry, I don't think they'll have any trouble finding another broadcaster, really they are sitting on a gold mine and I think the BBC made a big mistake here especially considering David Cameron's recent attack on the licence fee things are not looking good for the Beeb.

7. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Would be great to have them back. In my opinion the BBC hampered what they used to do and how funny they are. People can't seem to take Jeremy Clarksons humor in this day and age, which is sad... People call and complain to the BBC because they are offended and have nothing better to do.

I'm sorry but if you don't like the show don't watch it, end of story. Although him punching a producer was a bit above the line, Top Gear was BBC's shining star and they have lost that. Top Gear worked because it had those 3 on it... not because it's "Top Gear." They could rename is Lost Gear, Top Idiots, anything they want. If it has those 3 it will work just fine.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    You ain't lying about that.

9. drake29

drake29 Member

GPU:
    FBDIMM
    May be good. I'll give it a shot, if they do it.

10. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    James May without Top Gear....