Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number in 9 days!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    I am so excited for this game to come out! Who else is excited? I remember in 2012 when I bought this game and it was such an amazing fun game! The story was so crazy and the graphics were awesome! Anyone else bought it on steam yet? 10% off!

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    wow really... someone, anyone??

thats our PC gaming right there :puke:

3. RecluSe

RecluSe Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Enjoying it so far, although it does seem a little too story heavy? Doesn't feel that coherent either with it hopping from one character to the next along with the different time lines too. Still, gameplay is killer as ever and along with the addition of several new characters who each possess their own unique style. Definitely digging it thus far.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's great but too often it seems that guns are not optional.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    wow that's brutal

SMAASH!

What... are you hitting me? I... I just wanna go home. Can you call Mary? She'll... she'll come get me. Is that blood... Am I bleeding? Do I need to go to the hospital? Guys...? Look, I just want to go home, OK?

SMASH! SMASH! SMASH! SPLAT!!

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Wow this game sure does love wasting the player's time. As if the cheap deaths weren't bad enough, you have to repeat large sections all over again if you quit and return later. They brought back the worst of the NES era ... maybe kids with too much time on their hands will love it.

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    how about them music?
    not my cup of tea genre wise, but I LOVE IT

Maps need bit of redesign and tuning.
    Over and over running in the wall right after dying... obviously this was not tested as extensivly as original

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both the first and this game would be nothing without the music! Sadly this time they've hidden the tracks inside a WAD file but that didn't stop me :p

How far are you into the game?

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Act 3, Scene 11, Dead Ahead
    taking my time, but feels easier thatn original

great replay value, story telling and the atmosphere is what keeps me with Miami

Swan mask.. really?? :D

10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm loving it, and yes, the OST is fu!king awesome!

Great little timewaster, just like the original :)

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Finished the game and it feels like 1st time listening to Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit:
    I DON'T UNDERSTAND A GDAMN THING :wanker:

Maybe after finishing it 4-5 times...

12. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    So far I love this game! The story is hard for me to follow but the gameplay and music make up for it! This game is even more brutal than the first one!!!

13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Review about Hotline Miami ripoff:
    (some funny stuff :p)

Bloodbath Kavkaz is very controversial at the moment, some say it's a blatant ripoff of Hotline Miami, some say it's RU fanfiction of HLM, some say it's an ARG made by Dennaton.
    Whatever it is, all that can be said is that the general reaction of the game's release is negative.
    The gameplay was nice and all, but it had some pretty obvious glitches. I had more difficulty with not getting stuck on the level objects than I did with the enemies themselves, along with the occasional time that doors decide not to work for me.

The devs have also been pretty interesting.
    One of the devs right now seems to be on the edge of a minor meltdown on the fourms,
    with examples being one of the devs telling a poster to "tell wife to make cabbage soup" after some feedback, as well as telling a fan to "go to North Korea if he wants control" after a thread was made.
    Along with the rumor of one of the artists GLWZBLL having some music being wrongly used in the game.