1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horribly Blurred Textures in Games

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Captain Poverty, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Captain Poverty

Captain Poverty New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD5850 Toxic Ed.
    For some reason all textures in games with 3D elements have stopped loading properly leaving many of my games washed out and very blurry despite the in game settings.
    http://imgur.com/a/NVf0e#0

The games themselves run fine despite looking this way.

I am using a Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 toxic edition which has worked fine for nearly 3 years now.

All other non 3D games such as Hotline Miami, Thomas was Alone, and FTL all work fine.

I have tried (without any results or changes):

-Changing in game graphics settings.
    -Reseting the CCC to it's default settings.
    -Verifiying the game cache of effected games.
    -Uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics drivers.
    -Uninstalling the drivers and then using driver sweep then reinstalling.

Similar problem with solution that didn't work for me: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=338949

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    You sure its not a Nintendo 64 you're using?

lol sorry. Actually, I had a similar experience in a game called Singularity. I have yet to find a solution to the problem and it seems intermittent within game. Sometimes textures look sharp and normal and other times they look N64. No clue!

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    That Dota2 looks like Dungeon Defenders on my cellphone and CS:GO is so much less distracting that it may actually improve your skill :)

But truth is, that has to do with LOD settings. So if you tried RadeonPRO to override CC.
    And cleaning software to remove drivers.

Go to: regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ ControlSet001 \ Control \ Class \ {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000 ~ 000x
    there you have your adapters.
    And under "UMD" you have settings.

Find your card and all settings are there. Changes takes usually place once you log out/in. and 100% sure on reboot :D

I used it to enable MLAA on old HD5870m notebook. You can find explanation for most of things on google.
    You can mess with them or just remove drivers and once drivers are gone, just kill those entries entirely since drivers will recreate them on install.

Just a note to exact path in registry. It is noted in CCC Software page.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  4. Captain Poverty

GPU:
    Thanks for the help but what exactly should I be editing in the card settings?

Also you mentioning Radeon Pro reminded me I had tried using it shortly before this happened, I had since returned to default settings and later uninstalled but a quick search and I found this thread detailing a similar situation:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1280967

From that thread this bit jumped out of me

OP: This has nothing to do with my games or their files as I now know. It's a card issue, caused by the program. A complete clean out and re-install of the driver software has not helped, and I'm left in the dark.

On the forum linked in my post up there, theres alot of talk about registry keys. Might the villain program have tampered with a key the drivers use?

Commenter: Eh, yeah. The application seems to have changed persistent settings that isn't removed in the uninstallation of the drivers.

Could this have happened to me?

5. Captain Poverty

GPU:
    FIXED! It was indeed the LOD, I downloaded radeon Pro again to find that LOD was set to +3 Globally as default. Set it to 0 and wham, all back to normal.

Thanks!

6. Mourad

Mourad New Member

GPU:
    AMD R2 - 1GB
    OMG Thank you so much, i had this problem for over a year now and i finally found this thread which had the solution, thank you brooo

Fox2232 likes this.