Horrible Performance in Modern Warfare/BFV

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by bryjo, Apr 21, 2020.

1. bryjo

bryjo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Hi,

Using RTSS, or the NVCP framerate limiter is horribly buggy in this game. Generally, RTSS seems to cause jitter and stutter on many DX12 games I have tried. It is a shame because when it works properly it is by far the smoothest gaming experience possible. Just looking for some insight onto what might be causing the issue.

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Could be your monitor.
    Try using 59Hz refresh.

3. bryjo

bryjo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Could it? I have an XB71Hu Acer. I currently have it set at 165 hertz.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its a good idea to state your hardware when asking for help.
    Disregard my first post, but it might be worth trying a slightly lower refresh or lock your max framerate a bit lower than the refresh.

5. bryjo

bryjo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    2080ti
    3900x
    32Gb Ram 3600
    Acer XB71hu

I will try setting at 144 hertz. That is what is interesting though, I actually cap Modern Warfare at 85 FPS corresponding with 3% lows (trying to get completely stable frames) so already capping well below refresh. I think it's broken in Modern Warfare in particular. In BFV (a stuttery game to begin with) it seems to be more pronounced than the in-game cap. I am currently using 7.3 RTSS and I am trying to revert to the stable version to see if it improves.

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Assuming a lower refresh doesnt help, try capping at a straight division of the refresh rate then a little lower.
    ie for 165Hz, try 80Hz or lower.

I'm basing this on previous reports of what has helped with stutters.
    I dont have this issue myself so havent verified.
    However it might help and there are always people with more experience of the issue that will pop in.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Such a “motivating” feedback... Then generally just use some different software instead if this horribly buggy implementation, which is causing nothing but jitters for you. And I’ll continue providing it for those who can get it working.

8. bryjo

bryjo New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Hey, my friend. I didn't mean any offense, and I blame the games more than the software. Maybe DirectX itself. Of course, I appreciate all the work you do for this wonderful software and it has been such an invaluable tool that I am trying to find a solution. Like I truly did not mean to criticize the software, which works phenomenally 99% of the time. I know I am not the only one who has had problems with particular applications so just trying to try some solutions.