Horrible 7950 Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by TheGivingTree, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TheGivingTree

TheGivingTree Active Member

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/5614098

Here are the results, I would also like to point out that nothing of test was ever smooth, it always moved.. like stop motion videos, jerky. Also tons of jagged lines, especially the physics test it looked like garbage.

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The phsyics test is supposed to look like garbage as it's a test for the CPU, the graphics are all lowered down so the amount of work done by your graphics card is almost zero.

Your score seems about right, as I am getting about 10100 with 1100/1500. A +100mhz core increase usually equals about a 1000 points graphics score for me and probably other 7950/7970s and yours as well.

What do you mean, it always moved? All your FPS statistics in each map seem ok (the Detailed Scores tab, if you take a look, you have the FPS for every map.. 60fps, 58fps.. 24fps and so on). Take a look at the "Detailed Scores" here and compare, running at 1100/1500 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/4730207. So your score is how it should be right now. :)

Also, one more thing, whilst running the test you had MSI Ab or GPU-z running in the background right? If so, at the end, did you take a look at the max temperature that you had?

I'll get you running with 1100/1500 speeds. :) (And hey, that's ok, will always help out a person in need)

:D

edit: If you want to speed things up a little bit and it might be easier, you can PM me your Xfire/Skype/whatever if you want and I'll help you out.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  3. TheGivingTree

TheGivingTree Active Member

actually I didn't look at the temps and I should have I had the test running while I was away. Also I'm glad to hear things are running well, I was worried I screwed something up. I don't have any of those chat programs the only thing I have is steam, if you have that I can add you. I would like to 1100/1500 if not higher.

4. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah, sure, no worries at all, your card is fine and it is capable of much more, just gotta get it stable. I've got steam as well so so I'll PM it to you and tomorrow we can continue. :) Going to sleep now.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013