Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I don't think the lip-syncing is too bad and I'm saying that as a slightly hearing impaired person who lip-reads in real life and who tends to notice really bad lip-syncing (or the complete lack of any... Dark Souls and Bloodborne, I'm looking at you!!!).

I think the major characters have had more care and attention than some of the lesser characters in side quests but that is kind of understandable given the size of the game (if a bit disappointing).

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I'll be interested to read your thoughts on Breath of the Wild after playing Horizon.

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Thank you.

Couldn't resist and watched some videos about what is all about. Robots etc. Really interesting. Spoiled. But happy.

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    It makes me feel like Lion or a tiger lying in wait for it's prey in long grass, waiting for the right moment to strike.

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I got around 20 hours into it and finally made it to the next zone (i'm lvl18), and the first new machines i encountered were extremely hard to beat.

Still have to get used to the weapons, you really need more then 1 bow for different projectiles else some monsters take ages to beat.

Btw, you can get a unlimited fast travel item from the merchant in the second zone when you arrive at the first village.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  7. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Truly amazing that this even runs on the base PS4!

I didn't find a single thing to complain about, it's just top notch in every way.

They dealt with the distant objects so good, you don't see pop ins so obvious like other games.

8. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Exactly, in early game i unlocked stealth take down. lure perk etc. i don't even need to fight face to face. i lure them and got them.

Wow. Look at attention to detail. such amazing hard work there.

i am not consuming the game. i am trying to live it. developer put a lot of hard work. a lot of details. need to see all of these as possible as i can.

9. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
  10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I don't suppose you can use takedown on all machines? I need an easy way to kill the rhino's in the desert area.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Due to work I've not had time to play much but encountering the machine in the Trial was easier said than done. I like how the difficulty ramps up like that though I'm still hoping to get better at aiming :) As a PC gamer I'm not really used to it.

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I'm also bad with the aim, but i'm getting better and better. I've used to play COD4 and BO2 on the 360 alot so i got some skill with controller.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Yes not working. And until u unlock the specific perk, u can't take down elite enemies too.

I started game on hard. No regret. Upgraded all bags to level 2 and some to level 3 already. Just infused about bow variety. Yeah upgrading them makes them stronger. And they have info about what type of damage they deal okay but I upgraded a bow to a good level and the expensive bow I purchased previously became useless. So better stick with a bow for a while until u upgrade it to a good level. No?

Yes sniper like bow is not same as normal hunter bows.

I like the game doesn't let me become a god. Over powered human being. For now at least. Just ambushed by some enemies with heavy machine gun. All teens died. Did u guys get the reference of what What was that movie series. Hunger games. anyway first time encountered with daemon or what's that big robot who make other machines against you.

Great game.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I recommend people complete the Hunter trials to become a complete bad ass. Also to learn how all the weapons work.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I skipped the trial where you need to kill 3 machines with the woodpile trap, have no idea how to do that one.

16. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Use the slingshot bomb to heard the grazers to the log piles then shoot the back of the wood piles to make them drop. The grazers will run in the opposite direction to where the sling bomb explodes (most of the time). I call it robot herding.

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My wife's playing this game is it similar to witcher 3 she love dragon's dogma and got the platinum trophy?

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    More like a futuristic Jurassic park than the Witcher.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    Will be doing this tonight and the trials:
    As i'm always so damn low on shards, i hope i can pull this off lol.

20. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    I just want to drop in and say that I've recently (just last week) seen this game in action at my cousin's place (he owns a PS4, I don't). It's superb. I would buy it on PC. I haven't followed the 'news' about this game much other than seeing the usual trailers, and after doing some Googling on the subject I realized that it doesn't look like this game is a 'timed exclusive' which I hoped it'd be. I'm not sure how many years this game will stay on PS4 only, but I won't lie; I want this thing on PC. In the meantime I'll stay away from Let's Plays and Streams to avoid potential spoilers just in case I get to play it on Steam in 4 or 5 years from now.