Horizon Zero Dawn Remake/Remaster

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Oct 3, 2022.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    While we just got a remake for The Last of Us, it looks like PlayStation may not be quite done with remakes just yet, as a source close to the situation who wishes not to be named has revealed to us that a Horizon Zero Dawn remake is in the works for the PS5!

If you thought The Last of Us Part 1 divided players up on whether or not a game needed a remake, prepare yourselves as it has been revealed to us that PlayStation is now remaking or remastering (details are still unclear) Horizon Zero Dawn, a game that is only five years old and had its sequel released earlier this year.

Our source didn’t elaborate whether or not this was a “built from the ground up” style of remake, however we were told that the remake features an improved lighting system (ambient occlusion, and such), overhauled textures. and better animations, with new character models to match those found in the sequel, Horizon Forbidden West.

more here > https://mp1st.com/news/report-horiz...r-ps5-horizon-multiplayer-game-in-development

Keitosha likes this.
  2. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    I could understand a remaster, especially for consoles, with higher resolution, some tweaked settings and higher frame rate.
    But a remake for a game that still looks good, made in the previous gen, seems a waste of time.
    Maybe for the PS6, it would make more sense.

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Indeed. There was no need for a remake game still looks good. I would rather them focusing on pc port for the second game.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    why the game is already running 4k@60 and the game look amazing even compared to other ps5 games. more detail wouldnt hurt i guess, but they could just patch that in with extra power ps5 has, could careless about RT being added though

We need less "remakes/remasters" and less ps4/ps5 verison of games. where what 3 years in? and we still gett tons of ps4/ps5 verison of games and lots remake/remasters?

Dont get me wrong HZD is an amazing game and amazing to look at too this day

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022

5. That is kinda hard to believe. I'd expect Guerilla to work on HFW DLCs and that VR spinoff rather than the HZD remaster.

6. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Everything looks bad vs. RT lighting in Dying Light 2 or Metro EE. :D
    Ok, perhaps not bad. But quaint.

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Gematsu says they have access to leaked Sony documents that confirm this is just a remaster. Not a remake.

Also, Horizon online multiplayer game for PS5 and PC in development.

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    In all honesty, the graphical "upgrade" they are showing is mostly just looking different, not better. Brunette instead of red hair, worn jewelry vs "prestine" jewelry (all of which is actually a downgrade imo).

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i thought it was my imagination that she went from red head to brunette with red streaks?, also look like older version of aloy i don't know why they felt the need to change her hair color, sadly i not sure i would buy hzd again I still haven't bought hfw
    I played threw hzda 2nd time after 4k60 patch i dont think it need a remaster it look amazing as it is i beat it prior with 4k 30 fps mode few month earlier and it was of few 30fps game i played i though look amazing and was smooth, which rare with 30 fps games

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Classic example of an easy money grab.

And the worst part, it works!...

11. Is it said if this is a free upgrade for current HZD owners, DLC, or a standalone $40-60+ game?

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    bet on the later would be nice though, seeing i own it on disc and digital

13. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Late to the party, I just got the game PC. Complete edition. It was last update to version Version 1.11.2 Jan of this year.
    Nice looking game and spookily well optimised.