Horizon pc in 2020?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    man i'm glad this is happening. Sony has some powerful and devoted developers and imagine what they can do with PC power. I hope this goes even further and they start doing multi platform. I can't wait to re play Horizon 4k 60fps. This is one good looking game.

2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    There's no misleading marketing here at all.
    These companies have right to release their games on every platform. Besides, why do people have problems with this? PS4 is not your console, you didn't make it. This is just pure human stupidity.
    You gain absolutely nothing from the fact that some game is PS4 exclusive. The only thing that will be satisfied is your lower mind, ego.

The reason why they must release games on a PC is because this is the ultimate platform. It is a tool.
    If you stop releasing games on a PC, everything would crumble. Nobody would buy new hardware and nobody would produce software, tools with which you create games. It's that simple.

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    While I don't agree that game-related software (like Substance painter, 3dsMAX, atc.) would just cease to exist, you're correct with the HW sales. Unless, we'd start getting a console every next/other year... XD

4. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    3ds max and substance are just small part of what you need to create a game. An engine is the main thing, which is a set of tools. To improve and use any of these tools you need a PC.
    You can't for example design a character with a gamepad. For that you need a mouse or a pencil/tablet, and keyboard. Also you can't write a code with a gamepad. Etc.

This is what many people don't know. But everybody has an opinion, and they think they are right.

5. adabiviak

adabiviak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980Ti
    I like to think of it as, "We've driven all the console sales we think we're going to get with this exclusive, might as well make a few more bucks on game sales".

If there was a PC exclusive that was later ported to consoles, I'd be excited, like, "hey everyone, this game was awesome and now you can finally play it."

Also: CANNOT WAIT!

6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    It's a great game, played it on my PS4 some two years ago and would most likely buy it for my PC, assuming of course the price is right and the improvements justify it.

7. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti
    You answered your own question. You bought it - Only on PlayStation. At the time of purchase there were no other platforms it existed on hence; Only on PlayStation. There is nothing to conflate. Even if we lived in a perfect world with unbiased courts, consumer-friendly corporations, small government, etc - you'd have no legal leg to stand on. None whatsoever so no; there is no ground to be upset over unless you think with that of the mind like a child that can't get over bullshit frankly.

8. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    Oh there are plenty of reasons to be upset about Horizon: Zero Dawn (and other exclusives) coming to other platforms later. People can get really angry if their exclusive game is no longer exclusive. That's perfectly fine.

It comes at a cost though, namely not being taken seriously ever again. :p

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    But, the "Only on Playstation" phrase does not mean "Exclusive to this platform for all eternity"... it just means that the game is only available on this system right now.
    And, it's been... only available on PS for the past three years.
    There's no logical or valid reason for people to be upset that it's coming to PC. It doesn't make the PS version less of a game, doesn't change that for three years... it's only been playable on that platform.

Sunset Overdrive is an example, it was only available on Xbox for 4 years. And, actually advertise as an Xbox exclusive when it first came out.
    Did it releasing on Steam actively hurt or diminish the title's existence on Xbox? No.

cerebus23 and ShadowDuke like this.
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    So vice versa i must be upset about games coming to PC first and then coming to PS/Xbox!?

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/1151640/discussions/0/3974929535249562454/#c3974929700277437486

Well that's a stupid statement, also breaks stuff for ultra wide support though both a FOV slider and support for ultra wide will likely get added unofficially instead.

Sure there's cutscenes that might not be 100% with added view but that can be worked around so this just sounds dumb but oh well it'll be resolved even if it's fan fixed unfortunate as it is to hear from the devs and the reasoning they used here.

13. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    ^ They said there won't be FOV slider, that doesn't mean they won't be changing FOV based on your aspect ratio.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Hopefully, we'll see how things go but I assume it might end up 16:9 only even if 21:9 and above has seen a bigger boost in support lately though this game would make for a good show of ultra wide to really show off the areas. :)
    On that note I heard HDR in this is quite impressive as well so hopefully they'll be able to implement support for that in the PC version also for those who have displays capable of this functionality.

I've played Koei Tecmo, Square Enix and Nisa PC ports bit of a JRPG fan in particular so I don't expect the port to be that problematic (Or the situation in the early 2000's and PC titles then.) there will probably be more details as this gets closer to release.

EDIT: Though I suppose on that note there are also studios like Capcom or Bandai who had some initial troubles but then kept improving and engine wise this one might be pretty good. :)
    (Well that would still vary on how it's used and all that but it's a good base at least so that counts for something.)

That is to say I assume things will go well overall.
    (But then I am a bit hardened or how to say ha ha.)

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    this game should drop in Steam within 2 weeks

17. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    Im assuming that was you in the steam forums that posted that. lol. Where is your info coming from?

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    :p

that wasn't me but the guy got a point , the Ryzen cpus are bundled with HZD codes and codes got an expiry date , from June 30th to July 30th so i'm assuming the game should be out within 2 weeks if not 5 days from 30th june

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  20. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8