Horizon pc in 2020?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
  2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    This is probably the worst I have seen it so far. Just watch the left side of the screen.

3. sephking

sephking Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 980ti Classified
    New update has definitely helped with perfomance for me. Can now run the game on Ultra preset / 3440 x 1440 on my 8700k/2080 super PC at 60 to 90fps

angelgraves13 and Undying like this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    I've seen some flashing textures report on older nvidia cards, mostly kepler and maxwell arch but it seems effected the pascal too. Its not artifacting but a driver issue.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not a driver issue, its the game.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Is it hard to believe thats invidia driver issue? I saw this many nvidia cards and none amd. Its not the game.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its the game, spend some time in the dx discord and you'll learn what dx12 programming is actually like and what causes it for HZD's particular case (usually is the fact you've got a pipeline cache and changed driver settings.)

the video there is not texture flicker, its geometry flicker, the object the texture is mapped to is incorrectly being culled and reloaded.

cerebus23, angelgraves13 and XenthorX like this.
  8. garyb

garyb Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Seems the new patch has help with the stuttering, performance is now a lot better. (Should have been like this from day one)

angelgraves13 likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Instead of spending time on discord i actually finished the game and never seen anything like it on my system. ;)

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    I posted it on the Steam forums as well and so far everyone who responded and has the same problem is on Pascal cards.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Clearly some GPU culling issue here. I don't remember having this issue.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    and how many settings does AMD actually allow you to change from the driver control panel that apply to DX12?

its been present since game launch and is linked to a resource leak in the game process, certain nvcp settings provoke it more than others - to be clear, its not the AF pso flicker.

13. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    You can use autosaves to replay a dungeon quest (a cauldron) without having to replay the game. This applies to the few cauldrons you can't re-enter after completing them. Like when you have to talk to a npc and see a cutscene before getting inside. But you can't do that anymore after you first complete the quest For example the quest at the arena in the west end of the desert.

But you would have to save the autosaves right after completing the dungeon. And when you want to replay it you copy and paste those autosaves into your saves directory before restarting the game. Then in game load the autosave before or close to the entry into the dungeon. Or pick one inside the cauldron.

Undying likes this.
  14. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Hi everyone,

Patch 1.05 for Horizon Zero Dawn on PC is now available to download on Steam! If your game does not update automatically, please restart your client.

This patch addresses additional crashes, as well as a couple of community-reported bugs such as Aloy’s hair not displaying correctly when playing with the game running above 30 FPS, controller rumble toggle and adds the option to display black side bars in cinematics when playing in ultrawide resolutions. We are continuing to investigate open issues and will update you when we have more news available.

You can find the Known Issues and full patch notes below; if your issue isn’t among them, you can still send us your reports here.

Thank you for your continued feedback, patience, and support!

–Guerrilla

Known Issues

• Some players are experiencing an out of memory error during the game optimization process.
    • Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering or HDR not working correctly.
    • Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
    • We're aware of and continue to investigate issues that are not yet solved on both the player-compiled lists by u/EvilMonkeySlayer and u/Rampage572 – thank you!

Patch Notes
    Crash Fixes

• Fixed a crash in NetPresenceManager that some players experienced when entering the game or the benchmark from the main menu
    • Fixed a crash where the Steam SDK could crash on initialization when the game executable was started directly from installation folder rather than through Steam
    • Fixed a crash which would occur if the player pressed ‘Stop’ in Steam immediately after pressing ‘Play’
    • Fixed a startup crash when using Avast antivirus
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when VRAM was about to be oversubscribed

Graphical Improvements
    • Fixed an issue with Aloy’s hair not displaying correctly when the game is running above 30 FPS
    • Shader animations (e.g. hologram locks on doors, GAIA in cinematics, etc.) are no longer locked to 30 FPS, but running at unlocked framerate
    • Fixed an issue with flickering textures in main quest “A Gift from the Past”
    • Fixed an issue with flickering snow assets
    • Fixed an issue with flickering paintings in Song’s Edge
    • Fixed graphical corruption issues that only occurred on specific GPUs
    • Fixed an issue where the game would open in windowed mode instead of fullscreen when the player is using another window when booting the game
    • Fixed an issue where the game would not run in the correct resolution when switching from windowed to fullscreen
    • Added an option to turn off “blurry sidebars” in ultrawide resolutions and display black sidebars instead

Other Improvements
    • Allow players to still boot the game even if the version of windows used is detected to be too low to run the game at a stable condition
    • Added an option to turn off controller vibration/rumble
    • Fixed an issue in the storing of the ‘permission to track data’ attribute of the player profile (subsequently re-asking for said permission)
    • Fixed an issue where the opening cutscene music would not play if the player quits out and immediately begins a new game
    • Fixed an issue where inverting mouse controls also affected dialog tree choice input

15. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies

16. garyb

garyb Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Well done some more testing and noticed my CPU was constantly dropping from 4300ghz causing the game to stutter. I changed to high performance and its like playing a different game, now it runs butter smooth(ultra settings) only problem now is my CPU is running full speed. I decided to go back to balance performance and turn on game mode instead this seems to have fixed all stuttering as well.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  17. liviut

liviut Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080/8GB
    any idea why when updating the newgame+ saves are gone?
    after patches i mean

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2126/4350
    Still in the game :(

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Its an nvidia issue. They want you to buy a new card.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it isn't.