Horizon Zero Dawn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    New patch just released.

https://www.reddit.com/r/horizon/comments/ickuhg/horizon_zero_dawn_complete_edition_for_pc_patch/

2. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    Anyone know if the version number is in the menus?

I already keep up to date with it by checking forums almost everyday and seeing it on Steam updates to the game which is now at 1.02 of course. But I feel better knowing if it's in the menus somewhere. And I can probably check the exe properties but haven't had to do that for a game for a long time.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Finally a crashing has been fixed. Im tired of having to restart the game every hour or so becouse it damn crashed in the middle of the quest.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    The game hasn't really grabbed me yet. I'm still fairly early in the game but so far exploring feels pretty unrewarding, haven't found much at all really and every house I've found is either locked off or falling apart with nothing inside.
    Maybe it would be more accurate to call this AA rather than a AAA game?

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I didnt know this is supposed to be an exploring game...!?

No? Why is that?

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Have to say i was playing quite a bit after the patch and no crashes so far. It runs a little bit better too.

7. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yeah who would explore in an open world game. Foolish I know :cool:

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The thing is, your expectation to find something special whilst exploring, only because its an open world doesnt mean you're going to find those things (where) you are looking for.

9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    No, but that is my point. It's a turnoff for me. Doesn't mean the game is bad or that I will stop playing. It's just a piece missing, for me.
    It just makes the world feel more empty and less lived-in. Less detailed if you will. Just like the facial animations lack detail. And several, not all, characters you meet are pretty bland and uninteresting(so far).

This is what makes it feel like a smaller budget game. As in AA.

So far, the weaknesses of the game seem pretty apparent to me. Which makes me excited to see if Guerilla feels the same way and have made improvements specifically in these areas for HZD 2.

10. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I'm not in the majority, I feel good and satisfied sitting and watching a waterfall or cool looking cliffs. Which is probably why I'm so interested in sharp textures and graphics in general.

Oh and I play some of the story too, I made it through The War Chief's Trial, that's 5 missions, it was mandatory to get access to explore the whole world. On story mode. I know the ease of story mode is to the point of being silly, crushing machines with a stick. Embarrassing to play it that easy but I got the whole map unlocked.

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    It’s a bit of a weird way of doing things but most of the main areas of exploration actually come from doing the main story line, and that’s where the game really shines, that’s where the main focus of discovery is.

Amaze likes this.
  12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    They did the DLC made significant improvements to characters, the locations themselves and the side quests.

Amaze likes this.
  13. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I'm actually getting quite a bit better performance at 3440x1440 after the patch, I'm able bump up shadows, clouds and reflections to the highest available settings and stay above 60fps which wasn't possible before.

Undying likes this.
  14. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I just finished the game today, very enjoyable albeit with a few crashes a long the way, just wish it was a little longer as I felt it ended too soon although I did play it non stop the last few days. The best weapon IMO is the Banuk Striker Bow with the three arrow ability unlocked and fire arrows, add to that some fire mods and you can one and two shot most of the smaller robots, the bigger ones take some time but still easy once you have the Banuk Bows, i'd say as soon you are levelled up enough to handle the Banuk area go there and collect all the bluegleam and buy the Striker Bow and the Powershot Bow, you really won't need any other weapons after that.

15. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    in the main menu click on Extras - Copyright & Trademark
    the bottom line tells u the version

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    welp, i guess i'm stuck, can't climb down

edit: nvm fixed it

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    XenthorX likes this.
  17. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    That's because it lacks depth and atmosphere. This open world is a placeholder with so many holes in it.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Bought a new 2.0 HDMI cable and can finally enjoy HDR and I must say that this game in 4K and HDR looks pretty sweet! Unfortunately far from locked 60fps (more like 45-60fps) but I play some in this mode just for the fantastic visuals.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I felt that there isn't a natural progression in this game since leveling up doesn't make you stronger (except for the occasional skills you get) but enemies around you become vastly more powerful once you progress on the map and encounter new types. So, new weapons is a must but it's not always clear where to acquire them. I got a few new weapons now and the Tinker mod which made things a little bit easier, still there is a grinding side to it since you need the resources to craft fire ammo for example.

I didn't even notice there was a new patch. For me the performance is identical and the patch unfortunately doesn't resolve the issues I have (stutters).

Depends what resolution you aim for. If it's 4K and locked 60fps then wait since it doesn't seem possible to attain with current hardware.

20. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    what monitor do you use?