Horizon pc in 2020?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 4, 2019.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT Gam. X
    I would but when the sun rose above the horizon it dawned on me I have zero money.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  2. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Cease this foolishness!

3. nikobellic

nikobellic Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 480 8GB OC
    No crashes, played for only 2 hours though. 32GB ram, during the initial load my ram usage maxed on 20GB, so never needed pagefile trick. Haven't face much stuttering yet, I play on a freesync monitor, locking the FPS to 48 with chill.

4. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Well, took me 41 hours to complete the main game, DLC and a lot of the side quests, just going to mop up the collectibles and remaining side quests then probably wait for a few patches before I give New Game+ and Ultra Hard a go.

Such a great game overall though, really nice story with some great gameplay and an environment that always felt fresh as you moved through it.

Definitely recommend it, I really hope hope they can polish it up and squash some of the issues it currently has.

Netherwind, WhiteLightning and AsiJu like this.

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Most the game has used for me even in 1440p is only about 6gb of ram or so. Having 16gb or even 8gb shouldn't be an issue.

I have a couple crashes, first crash 20 minutes within the game. Changed some settings, had another crash. Don't think it was caused by any settings, just a meh moment in the game.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Wonder if something causes the memory leakage and buildup, crashes especially the intro and prologue is something that I've seen recurring posts about too and then it gets better in the main game afterwards.

Then it gets a lot worse performance wise in some desert area and large city environment also in the desert, CPU bottleneck maybe?
    Will be curious to see what the first patch resolves and when it's released, focus on a longer patch development process and get some flak for taking time to get stuff fixed but resolve a lot at once or try and quickly fix the most pressing issues and bugs.
    (Some ability and time slowdown frequently breaking seem to be a confirmed one and a high priority fix last I read up on the situation.)

EDIT: ReShade maybe, 4.7.1 or 4.8.0 whatever the next version will be has a lot of fancy commits in the Github repository that should benefit DXGI/D3D12 in addition to D3D and Vulkan and more.

Or other third party programs. Steam overlay and whatever else could be leading to some leakiness that would need to be compared and monitored or just some stuff in the game itself maybe after more time or maybe just some bits of the game itself.

7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Do you think they can 'patch' this ?!

I remember there was another game like this and they added support.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    There ware already few games that require avx instructions mostly ubisoft games. The Crew 2 and AC Odyssey comes to mind but they ware patched at the end so who knows. Now decima engine require it too and probably quite a few games in the future. Days of the good old x58 xeons has come to an end.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Just found out, Death Stranding is the same..ohhh boy!

Its time...

Undying likes this.
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Any word at all to when the patch might be released?
    Really would like to play this game but don't want to buy it in its current state (even though a lot of people here say they don't have problems).

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800XT
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT Gam. X
  13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I tried Special K / SKIF yesterday with this game and limited the framerate to 60 fps as detailed in the post.

However, while the game did feel smooth, I noticed that RTSS was sometimes reporting framerates OVER 60 fps, usually 61 fps, which never happens when you use RTSS's own framerate limiter. Oddly, the max. FPS shown in RTSS was 64 fps and not 60 or 61 fps. Not sure if this is a bug with SKIF or the way that RTSS works with third-party framerate limiters. I did not think the game felt any smoother than using RTSS to cap it at 60 fps.

This runs mostly okay for me, though I am constantly messing around with the graphical settings as well as different caps (30/40/60 fps), but the two most annoying issues are:

1. The stutters whenever you quicksave or a quest or U.I. update occurs; and

2. The texture flickering, which is real corner-of-the-eye stuff which I usually see during the NPC dialogue cutscenes and not so much while playing (but then I am watching so that might explain why).

14. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    People, you over-analyzing this for God's shake. Go play the game, finish it already, by the time you will be able to catch all the details and frametimes, I'd have finished this twice. You lose all the joy of gaming with performance numbers' fetish.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT Gam. X
    Part of the PC gaming experience is constant tinkering!

That and myself included, you can't really settle down and enjoy a game if it doesn't work as well as it could / should. You'll always try something to make things better.

Having said that I do agree this is a very good game and definitely worth a shot for everyone interested.

eGGroLLiO and itpro like this.

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    There is no joy if the game is crashing and have subpar performance for most people. If the game is working for some great but if you have issues there is a right to complain.

itpro likes this.
  17. itpro

itpro Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Technologies
    Yes, I agree, but it isn't gamer's call to fix or alleviate those issues. Your role, our role is to play. Let the developers patch it and wait for it. Sometimes I hate PCMR, we lose the immersion of what Creator intended to show us with each one game by fighting content with mods and benchmarks. :p :D

18. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    It crashes at about 5 hours of playing for me, so that's not bad. Maybe lots of players could live with that. In other words is 5 hours of good running gameplay followed by a crash even much of an issue?

19. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I never had a single crash in 41 hours of play myself.

I did have graphical artefacts if i disabled sharpening in the Nvidia control panel which was weird, I also had the slow-mo bug, but slow-mo not working wasn't a big issue with KB/M.

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    This is what happens if you run a game on 2gb cards. I dont think 4gb fare thst much better. Crashes in what few minutes or so...