Homeschool? need some advice

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by senior98, Oct 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    yes dual enrollment and middle college are offered in my state and i am doing dual enrollment(it allows me to get highschool and college cedits). the requirements are really easy(21 on the act and a 3.0 average).

2. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    [​IMG]

3. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    My experience is the exact opposite. In my job I deal with a lot of youths and young adults and most (7 in 10) under the age of 26 are functionally illiterate. Ask them to write a statement and you get Ebonics or Text Type 101. Ask for a taped statement and all too often they sound like Beavis and Butthead clones or Snoop Dogg wannabes. I have not been able to arrest or much less get to trial criminals because the victims were not able to articulate themselves (in writing or orally) out of a wet paper sack. You can only ‘coach’ a victim so much before it crosses the line. 8 in 10 applicants who attended public school can’t pass the basic entrance exam for the municipal or state law enforcement positions. I’m talking basic math, problem solving, interpreting diagrams, reading and writing. You know what? 100% of applicants who were home schooled pass the entrance exams with a 92% or higher. 70% is passing.

4. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 24GB GDDR
    sorry if i offended anyone. I apologize, and please do not harass my aim again.

5. senior98

senior98 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    xfx 8800GT 512mb
    its ok and im sorry if i got carried away on aim

6. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    I was going to but senior98 beat me to it. Just kidding. :bigsmile:

7. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    OK children. Enough is enough. Wave goodbye to Thready.

Hope you got the help you needed, senior.. And next time.. 'carried away on AIM', now that's the grownup way of handling things. :thumbup: mhhhhm..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.