Homefront

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I'm really enjoying the game. :) Single player wise.

2. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Not anything spectectular gameplay wise but its solid enough and the action is pretty entertaining, the setting and story makes for some interesting cut-scenes and sequences.

Not too bad for U3 engine but isnt a patch on games that use a similar engine(Bulletstorm) but good for a quick blast.

3. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    anybody else having trouble launching the game on steam? I click to play it but it just loads for a second then nothing happens?

4. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Well I thought it was funny that it was directx11 and looks no better than black ops with directx 9.All directx11 is the shadows and smoke anyway.

5. BASGTA

BASGTA Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    I knew nothing about the game before I played through the single player. Just beating it, it was kind of disappointing. It was similar to Call of Duty in some ways, but poorly done. Every time you get to a door or a fridge blocking a path (Which there was many) you'll have to wait for your NPC partners to come and open the door/knock the fridge over. And while you're waiting you better not be in any of their spots or else they'll just stand around not doing anything until you move.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I got a kick out of the PNY trailer by the best buy.

Oh and for you guys liking/hating the recoil there is a "less recoil" upgrade thing.

I dont think it will last me till bf3 but maybe SSIII?

7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ya, "shoot from the hip" or whatever its called, and a "steady aim" for long shots that is unlocked at lvl 26. i know what you meen now ;) thought there was only the shoot from the hip thing ... 6 more levels and i'll get steady aim!

8. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    LOL either that or switch to decaf.

You know i'm sick of people saying that this game is a rip off of "newer" cod.
    this game follows in frontlines foot steps,cod is a ripoff of frontlines not the other way around.

9. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I've put about 4 hours into the single player, and according to what I've read online... I'm only about halfway done.
    And I must say, this does NOT feel like Call of Duty. There are similarities in the design, but the actual feel of the gameplay is a lot different.
    Homefront has a very weighty feel to the movement and gunplay.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yeah clunky describes it well lol

11. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    What do you mean...by weighty feel....still undecided about this game.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, I wouldn't say clunky. But... how to describe this...
    To me, Call of Duty has a kind of weightless feel. Almost like your gliding around at times, everything seems to happen quickly as if there's no weight the character of weapons.

Homefront.... your movement feels more solid. Less like your gliding along the environment and more like your actually moving across it. It's difficult to describe.

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yes i understand what you mean,they might have a upgrade for that j/k lol

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    suc ha great game..i now totaly focused this game..was playing this like COD ahah pwned bigtime..now seriously proning crawling and aiming good..and game is rewarding me with FUN and JOY..

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    how's it run for you? does performance degrade over time?

16. BASGTA

BASGTA Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus DirectCU II 7970 3GB
    What he means is your movements are slow. There's this level where you have to run to a truck as it's driving away and you're running at a snail's pace for about 30 - 40 seconds while the truck looks like the driver just let it out of neutral and it's rolling away.

wut? I've seen this game called 4 or 5 hours MAX.

17. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i get around 35-40 still. but i have to be honest here, im enjoying this game more than BC2 (not all BFs) and CoD's.
    the weapons do have recoil
    gameplay does need proper teamwork.
    while to me this game is better than cod and bc2, does not mean this game is perfect
    still a lot of bugs need to be fixed.
    once i got the hang of it, this game is really great.
    sadly, homefront didnt get the respect it deserves because bf and cod each has stronger base and community while homefront is still new.
    people should stop comparing this game with bf/cod, this game never intended to copy their style. this game has its own. perfect balance of both cod and bf, not to be either one. while graphics wise is not the best, but gameplay truly wins.
    this is only my honest opinion, cod/bf fans pls dont flame me :p

18. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    one thing that's starting to piss me off is the hacks, i just ran across a guy and his nick was homefronthacks.com or something stupid like that can't remember exactly, but how blatant can you be! VAC needs to step it up a tad i think ...

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The single player falls short. But the multiplayer is actually a real winner.

20. BigAlBeast25

BigAlBeast25 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 970 SLI OC
    Guess I'll have to wait for some type of game or steam fix cause I can't even get the game to start. Pretty frustrating cause I wanted to play this weekend.