Homefront

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have to appologise, it does adjust your detail somewhat. it turned AA down from 4x to 2x, AF down from 16x to 8x, it turned ambient occlusion off, and changed draw distance to 1 from 2. not alot, i personally barely see any diff besides the draw distance, which i'm ok with until they get this totally figured out.

2. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    I probably will wait for Steam on sale less than $6 bucks or so, just like BFC2 sold less $7 bucks few month ago.

I waits for Homefront with update patches, DLC etc... sure I will buy it.

3. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    I can't seem to change difficulty it reverts back to default and where would the difficulty line in the ini be at I can't find it? Other than that the game is decent! Thanks for any info on ini difficulty tweak!

4. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    cheap bast ...

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Is it true that the DVD only installs half of the game and leaves you hanging with a 4.5 GB download on Steam?

Why am i getting only half a game? :(

6. Urban83

Urban83 Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX970 Gaming 4G
    for me...a FAIL of a game...

too much console type playing and looks...:3eyes:

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    played for 20 minutes and i liked it..iam not sure but maybe it was a hard cores server. u die easly. and kill easly. wweapon kick back is quality i like it. not like Fart Company 2 u can snipe with LMG even while holidng the trigger..well they fixed a little bit it with the latest patch but what? more than 6 months passed..fcking dice.

anyway, as iam on holiday and on laptop couldnt get all from the game. but this game will be better in time iam sure..better than BC2 to me i hope.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT/3080Ti
    I am liking this game, but seriously how badly optimised is the multiplayer!

My fps is all over the place, and makes it very hard to get a kill. It shoots up and down between 35 - 70fps even using frame smooth makes it worse and vsync does not help either this is at max settings and the game looks like crap only the gun models look good.

Fun game though, and the weapon kick back is awesome in the game feels really natural, unlike most games.

I think it needs patching or we need better drivers for it (using 270.32)

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    did your game get the patch through steam yesterday? if your performance is still crap, delete the BaseEngine.ini, the game will rebuild it. i would also suggest you play only on high, not very high. i think we need an optimized driver. i tried very high settings on my GTX260 SLi comp and it didnt run very good after the patch, but all on "high" it runs great and looks *almost* as good ...

10. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i dont know why some people said weapons in homefront have no recoil.
    i think the recoil is bigger than cod or bc2.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    People day dream again. What i experienced:

I sniped somone around 200 300 meters away with just direct aiming to head. Thats normal. At a great distance i aimed directly head again but hit the body instead. There is bullet drop.

I keep die easly. Game is punishing. I hope ey wont change this. Well cod and bc lovers gonna hate. Oh wait they already hate.

12. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    The one complaint I have about this game is if your crouching behind cover (like a tree or rock) and sniping, my bullets constantly hit the tree or rock I'm hiding behind. I have to almost completely expose myself to fire to get a shot off. I've never had that much problems sniping in a game before.

13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I just bought a copy on STEAM, it's currently installing... and given how my connection has been the past few weeks. It may be done tomorrow. :)

But, I'm actually really looking forward to playing it for the single player alone. I know there are some complaints and issues with the single player. But, I'm expecting a good, fun experience.
    Not every shooter/game needs to be amazing or genre defining, some can just be fun.
    Plus, I love... just really love what if type war stories. Stuff like Red Dawn, and yes even the story for CoD:MW2 (if it hadn't been delivered in such a disjointed, horrible manor).

14. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i agree, i have to burst fire or i dont get my kill ;)

15. sano614

sano614 Member Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek 5870
    I pre-ordered the game, and while the game play is fun'ish, I can't play it because of the horrible FPS I'm experiencing... On high or low, I get 20-40 fps... I've tried every "tweak" so far from this thread, steam and homefront forums.. On the "fly down" when you're spawning, I get 15 fps.. lol

The game is only using 55% of my CPU, and around 60% of my gpu. =\

16. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    What you guys did not get your "shoot from the hip" thingy? its like a spray and prey inhance:)

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    don't you have to unlock that? i don't think its available to everyone at the start.

18. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Yes its a unlock but its one of the first ones i got so it should come easy i think.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Got it all installed. Played just a bit of the opening, maxed out the graphics settings... expecting performance issues after all I've been hearing. But.. none. Could just be because I'm early in the game, who knows.

But, the game looks good. Very detailed... kind of raw and gritty looking. But it works for the story and setup of everything. A few of the effects look a bit meh, specifically the fire and a few smoke effects. But everything else looks solid. Not top end, but definitely competent.
    Gameplay wise, I can "kind of" see why people are making CoD references. But really, you have a much slower, weightier movement feel to you in this. It doesn't feel like your gliding across the ground (as it does at times in CoD)... and the guns actually have some recoil to them.

I know I'm still really early in the game, but so far, from the opening... I'm pleased. Hoping this sets up a solid, enjoyable ride.

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    yes i use that ;) but i still get recoil if im distance shooting. helps alot for spray n pray though.