home theater hd rolling distortion problem

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Rootdown, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    all of a sudden my HTHD is having problems after working flawlesly since it first came out. during a TF2 game all this loud distortion suddenly developed and stopped just as quickly. now if i turn up the system volume past anything 25% during audio playback i get very bad distortion. the funny thing is that it seems to come and go. it's not constant except for a very low rumbling/spattering distortion that wasn't there before with the intermittent loud distortion randomly happening.

i've uninstalled/reinstalled drivers numerous times using the latest auzentech drivers and also the latest daniel k drivers. i've tried other cards and they work fine.

is my card fried? what caused this? this doesn't seem to to be the same issue as the well known crackling issue with creative cards.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I would contact Auzentech.

3. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    So, you've tried reseating the card in the slot?

4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I'd uninstall the drivers,use drive cleaner to get the rest out of the registry,reseat the card or try a different slot and reinstall drivers..

5. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    i've done all those things

6. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Then it's probably cactus... if other cards work, and it's only that card, I would say it's broken... actually not broken :) read on

regards,
    RagDoll.

Unless, I just thought of what it could be, check all the tabs in the software drivers and make sure nothing like bass things aren't turned all the way up, even check equalizers and things, make sure the low frequency levers aren't turned up, this is it and probably the cause, I think :)

Even on your software player, like mp or winamp, check everything dude...
    hope it helps

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  7. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    hmm

now it seems to be magically working. computers, man....

the only thing that's different now is that i've turn on the realtek audio in the bios and installed the drivers. but when i did that instead of uninstalling the HTHD drivers and removing the card i just disabled it in device manager. tonight just to see if somehow it would work i re-enabled the HTHD and disabled the realtek audio and all seems to be well.

typical weird computer ****.

8. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    yes sound cards are evil i ended up abandoning them.